GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
its preferrable, but not always possible. A good friend of mine soaked up 2 rounds to his chest because he tracked a target to a dead end room and didn't shoot through the door that was between them. The other guy did.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, but shooting through cinder blocks and walls? Come on, man.

come on, man you wont do it? or come on, man you dont think it can be done?

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Blindly shooting through walls? Yeah, wouldn't do it. Through a door? Yeah, probably. I'm no tactical professional obviously, but you are at least taking an educated guess at a doorway, but a wall?

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I think it depends on the situation. I dont view tracking a target behind a wall any different than I view tracking it behind a door. As long as you know what the backdrop is I dont see a difference.

Again, nowhere am I suggesting some kind of 'spray and pray' type behavior. Im saying know the environment you are in and what the capabilities of your weapon are and what your own capabilities are and use it all to your advantage and win the fight.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
It is my understanding that lethal force can only be used in situations in which you believe that a forcible felony is going to be committed and that your life/health (or someone else's) is in danger. Just like you can't legally shoot someone that's running away from you (even if they just killed someone), I don't think that shooting through a wall would be a wise thing to do. Unless your life is an action film maybe... :iono:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
It is my understanding that lethal force can only be used in situations in which you believe that a forcible felony is going to be committed and that your life/health (or someone else's) is in danger. Just like you can't legally shoot someone that's running away from you (even if they just killed someone), I don't think that shooting through a wall would be a wise thing to do. Unless your life is an action film maybe... :iono:

He could be a LEO or in the military :iono:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
I don't think the police or military are advocates of shooting through walls in your home. I could be wrong though.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Regardless of whether he is a LEO or in the military shooting through walls is dumb. It is unsafe, inaccurate, gives away your position, and limits the amount of shots you have to really defend yourself if he comes into the room.

If you are held up in a bedroom and you hear the guy outside you don't want to shoot at him through a wall to let him know you are in there. That is stupid.

I think that Top Gun Award has gotten to your head. You aren't rambo and shooting in a stressful situation is MUCH MUCH MUCH different than hitting the target at the range.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I don't think the police or military are advocates of shooting through walls in your home. I could be wrong though.

You don't know what exactly is behind those walls. Could be another innocent person in the house. Using a round designed to reduce over penetration is also critical for people that live in apartments or condos. You don't want your shots killing your neighbors. You would be arrested and charged with manslaughter

Bender1

Banned
It is my understanding that lethal force can only be used in situations in which you believe that a forcible felony is going to be committed and that your life/health (or someone else's) is in danger. \

Depends on the state.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
all of the things you keep bringing up goes back to knowing your environment, your weapon, and your capabilities.

I dont think we'll be able to come to o an understanding on this over typed conversation. there are also large philisophical view point differences it would seem. in the example you have specified of your own home, the idea of hiding in a room while an intruder goes through the house where a family could be is something that would never in a million years cross my mind. im going out to meet the threat head on. if during the course of that engagement im required to fire through an intermediate barrier im going to do so.

but to each their own, and again you do what you think you are capable of given the criteria I keep referencing. you can always hide in your closet. as long as you keep your crying as quiet as you can maybe your wife's motherly instinct to protect her child (ren) will kick in and she will go engage the threat for you. assuming you called 911 immediately the police should be along I in 5-10 minutes.

I used competition to train and get better. ive watched enough people bleed out to know I have no desire to be on the losing side.

Bender1

Banned
This is an interesting debate, because I know what my in-home response would be (i have a choke point to hold).

It is also interesting because in a response to a home invasion LE assumes that their first two entering a residence WILL be shot.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
holding a choke point can be a great way to vet the job done in a defensive roll as long as everyone you need to protect is behind it.