GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
If you want it for training to substitute for a 1911, the Ruger has almost the exact grip angle as the 1911. Honestly, of the .22 semi-autos those are the two I would recommend (I have the BuckMark). The 1911 "clone" .22's and conversion kits are very inconsistent with regards to ammo and failure to fire.

I think if you are not looking for a training substitute and want a 1911 you should buy a true 1911. I've got a few of them and they are fantastic if you buy a quality make/model. Outside of the Kimbers and the Springfield 1911's in other than .45 the other guys often have issues (Kimber and Springfield had issues at first too with 10mm, .40 and 9mm versions). The design is over 100 years old and was built for and revised for the .45ACP cartridge, so I like sticking with that in most cases.

That said, I am building one from the frame up in .40S&W as a project, but we'll see how that goes.

What ever you do, please don't buy an Umarex. ;)

Thanks for that info! I'll definitely keep it in mind when I really delve into the research.

wasnt aware you were into firearms!? :heart: 1911 , miss mine. SA 1911a1 rep, military green, basic and awesome. Currently using a G30. Thick, but a damn reliable piece.

Just got into them somewhat recently. I took the course back in January and then got my permit last month. Every now and then I'll look at getting one, but then something else comes up and it gets put on hold.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Any of you guys ever attended the SHOT Show in Vegas? Im not a gun nut by any means and the SHOT show made me drool.

Gabriel1

Ready to race!
Wife didn't like the CZ 455 Varmint rifle so she is now the proud owner of a Henry 22lr Lever Action and I get the tack driver. Now I need to find some good glass for it.

Gabriel1

Ready to race!
And I need a new safe. :(

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Here is a pic of my Glocks, 21sf and 26 :23::D. They are good for all occasions :word:
I am using an extended magazine and magazine sleeve in my 26. It provides me with (7) extra rounds.

Last edited:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
"I know for a FACT that I am not going to shoot someone on accident."

You know for a fact that you arent going to have any accidents....Funny

The cop did not mean to shoot his daughter. It was an accident. Arguing that he meant to shoot but not shoot the person he was aiming to hit so it wasnt an accident is ridiculous. Its an accident.

You said you keep your guns loaded with one in the chamber. Please show me where that is the recommended was to store a gun safely. Since you claim to be highly trained in the safe handling of firearms to the point you will never have an accident(as if there is any reasonable way you can claim that)
That wasn't an accident, it was negligence. You don't shoot unless you know what your target is.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Here is a pic of my Glocks, 21sf and 26 :23::D. They are good for all occasions :word:

[img/]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Axo/image_zps51e909f3.jpg[/QUOTE]

Can't see them, but they all look the same, right?