GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Photography Thread!

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
There is a lens, or software and lens combo iirc done by sony, not sure though. That actually does do exactly that. You can choose your focus after youve taken the photo. We talked about this during my photo class like 2 years ago.

My prof came in and he was like did you guys hear about so and so, theyre going to fuck everything up.

But it never caught on.

seriously? i dont even know how that's possible. how will it get all the details and effects? im glad it didnt catch on.

09vdubgti

Banned
Im down. After you show me curves and gradient.

I'd be down for the photo challenge. Not only should we select a topic, but also agree on allowing/not allowing post editing.

I'll have to get on here more often than I have been lately, but I'm down. But only for you Brian. ;)

Would need to set some ground rules (which I'm going to guess you are going to mirror some that are on vortex).

Probably in depending on the time frame. Out of town this weekend.

I'm down for a challenge. It would force me to use my camera and not just for cars haha. How many more do we need now?

Sent from the White north with magic

SO I Guess this will be the first group for the challenge.

1). Length of time period in between photo challenges.

Should we do a new challenge every 2 weeks or once a month? What does everyone feel more comfortable with?

2). I know there was some discussion about none post vs post.

Well few reasons why I say, to go ahead and do post work is the fact that this should be not just a challenge but a learning experience. It would be good to see what effects, methods and general post work people do. I know I like to learn, and I will happily post the steps I took to get my final image. Plus, some cameras have some built in filters and stuff, so there is ways around post work.

So, my vote would be for post work. Lets see what the general consensus says. Maybe we could submit 2 photos, one post, one straight out of camera?

3) Topic.

I know I said winner of the photo challenge will set the topic. Since this is our first one, we should just throw ideas and pick which we'd like to start with first.

as a general topic, I say, lets make the topic Volkswagen. Anything goes, just has to in some way, anyway be related to Volkswagen.

Lay the ideas fellas...

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
id be down to join in on the challenges every now and then.

one question(that might have been asked)
can we use previously taken photos or is the whole idea to go out and shoot?

09vdubgti

Banned
id be down to join in on the challenges every now and then.

one question(that might have been asked)
can we use previously taken photos or is the whole idea to go out and shoot?

Yes, one of the purposes of this is too help us who may not be that active anymore, have a reason to go out and shoot. The photos must be taken during the photo challenge period.

You do not necessarily have to go outside, if you can push yourself, and get your creative juices flowing shoot inside. Set up your desk lamps, or whatever and find your subject.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Yes, one of the purposes of this is too help us who may not be that active anymore, have a reason to go out and shoot. The photos must be taken during the photo challenge period.

You do not necessarily have to go outside, if you can push yourself, and get your creative juices flowing shoot inside. Set up your desk lamps, or whatever and find your subject.

got it got it. looks like i need a find a way to put VW on my desk. LOL

ill probably join this one. my spring break is coming up next week so ill have plenty of free time

HyeWarrior

Banned
On the E46 boards they have a photo comp every week.

The topic is set on Monday, submissions are due by Wednesday, and votes are taken until Sunday. Winner picks the next topic

HyeWarrior

Banned
Also, I'm seriously down for the idea of forcing us to use new content. Everyone on the E46 boards just hashes out old pictures they've taken. I want to be pushed to try new things.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
SO I Guess this will be the first group for the challenge.

1). Length of time period in between photo challenges.

Should we do a new challenge every 2 weeks or once a month? What does everyone feel more comfortable with?

If you want more submissions, I would say once a month. But that might cause some people to procrastinate on this, or make people forget.

2). I know there was some discussion about none post vs post.

Well few reasons why I say, to go ahead and do post work is the fact that this should be not just a challenge but a learning experience. It would be good to see what effects, methods and general post work people do. I know I like to learn, and I will happily post the steps I took to get my final image. Plus, some cameras have some built in filters and stuff, so there is ways around post work.

So, my vote would be for post work. Lets see what the general consensus says. Maybe we could submit 2 photos, one post, one straight out of camera?

Most photo challenges I see usually allow very light editing (contrast, brightness, hue, etc.), but nothing like full blown p-chopping of the photo. This allows people to learn more about composition and focus, and to help people shoot better rather than just "fix" the photo afterwards. Also, I would suggest EXIF data if possible (not all sites post that information).

3) Topic.

I know I said winner of the photo challenge will set the topic. Since this is our first one, we should just throw ideas and pick which we'd like to start with first.

as a general topic, I say, lets make the topic Volkswagen. Anything goes, just has to in some way, anyway be related to Volkswagen.

Lay the ideas fellas...

I say that is a good topic to start off with :thumbsup:

My suggestions

glory

Ready to race!
I'd say every 2 weeks, post pre and post edit shots (2 pics each) but minor editing as dragon suggested and VW theme is fine.

Also, I think CnC should be allowed to help us improve.

Sent from the White north with magic

Sirbikesalot

Passed Driver's Ed
German Gentleman meets Japanese Geisha......

My lovely girlfriend recently picked up a 2013 BRZ and I got both cars washed up for a quick picture. Don't mind my good neighbor Tom's pickup in the rear. Great day here in Nashville! Hope all you had a fantastic spring day!
GermanymeetJapan.jpg

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have photoshop and wanna help with something SUPER basic? Help a bro out pleeeeease?

ill give you an armo brooooooooooooo insurance fraud discount of -20%

what's up

09vdubgti

Banned
Photo challenge

OKay so we are officially off for the Photo Challenge. So consensus shows, we'll make this every 2 weeks. Lets lay down some ground rules.

1) All photos must be taken during the photo challenge time frame.
2) Only basic/light post work will be permitted
3) Exif data is a must
4) We will submit 2 final photos (or just 1, your best, is fine)
5) Have fun!

Topic:

Volkswagen

Anything, VW goes.

Due Date for Final Photo Submissions: April 16th, 2014