GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Photography Thread!

09vdubgti

Banned
So i'm going on a trip later this year. Was advised to maybe not bring a DSLR, but could if I wanted too. I was thinking on maybe getting a mirror less camera. Anyone here have any experience with them?

I was looking at something moderately inexpensive and was looking at the Canon EOS M camera. It comes with their kit STM lens 18-55mm and goes for $369. Their are also some other brands in the same price range Nikon J1 I think and Olympus E-MP2.

Plus about the Canon is that, I can get the adapter and mount the lenses I already have.

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
So i'm going on a trip later this year. Was advised to maybe not bring a DSLR, but could if I wanted too. I was thinking on maybe getting a mirror less camera. Anyone here have any experience with them?

I was looking at something moderately inexpensive and was looking at the Canon EOS M camera. It comes with their kit STM lens 18-55mm and goes for $369. Their are also some other brands in the same price range Nikon J1 I think and Olympus E-MP2.

Plus about the Canon is that, I can get the adapter and mount the lenses I already have.

The Canon has an Achilles heel in the AF.

Most of the Olympus and Fujifilm stuff are pretty solid.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
took these today at my university car club meet. new dude showed up. sr swapped 240.
also.. ive been wanting to start adding watermarks to my photos.. can anyone here help me make something? i dont want anything fancy.. small initials that i can put in a corner would be fine. i just want something other than a font in word LOL

he requested high aperture shots. he said he likes everything to be in focus.. so i rolled with it

caemeet240 006 edit by Baronian Photography, on Flickr

caemeet240 009 edit by Baronian Photography, on Flickr

caemeet240 010 edit by Baronian Photography, on Flickr

caemeet240 011 edit_1 by Baronian Photography, on Flickr

caemeet240 016 edit by Baronian Photography, on Flickr

i seriously need a UV filter.. and maybe even a polarizer to get rid of glare from lights.
cirtique and whatnot is appreciated :) i know it isnt perfect... im still a newbie.

HyeWarrior

Banned
@Hye Those are nice pics, details on how you took them?

Am I blind or is the new thread for the Photography contest not yet started?

Thanks!

Top one was taken with a Canon 18-135 lens, borrowed it from a friend.

Second one was with my Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens.

Tripod, manual focus, image stabilization off, ~300-600 ISO, open aperture, and messed around with 1-5 second exposures until I got ones I liked.

glory

Ready to race!
Thanks hye!

And vdub can we still submit today or is last night cutoff the cut off? I don't have anything great but need to start.

Sent from the White north with magic

09vdubgti

Banned
Thanks hye!

And vdub can we still submit today or is last night cutoff the cut off? I don't have anything great but need to start.

Sent from the White north with magic

Yea go ahead and post up. I guess we'll choose a winner once we get more submissions in.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
also.. ive been wanting to start adding watermarks to my photos.. can anyone here help me make something? i dont want anything fancy.. small initials that i can put in a corner would be fine. i just want something other than a font in word LOL

Hit me up I can help you out

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Love the photos of the Blue 240SX! Great photography.

glory

Ready to race!
Thinking of getting a telephoto lens for my Nikon D7100.

Looking at the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon Mount & the Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Tele Zoom for Nikon. They are about $200 dollar difference. Does anyone have any experience with either lens?

HyeWarrior

Banned
Not those particular lenses, but I do have a sigma and a tamron lens. The tamron seems much sturdier, but I like the photo quality of the sigma more. Granted one is a wide angle and the other is a moderate telephoto lens

glory

Ready to race!
Doing more research on the two lenses the mention of the Nikon 70-200mm f/4 came up. It's priced at the same point as the sigma but requires a tripod collar ($200) so puts it up to the Tamron price. It seems to show good quality and be a sharp lens, but only does up to f4.

Also, reading up on the Sigma and Tamron, the review showed the Sigma wasn't as sharp as the Tamron but the Tamron had an issue with decentering.

edgarnator

Ready to race!
Thinking of getting a telephoto lens for my Nikon D7100.

Looking at the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon Mount & the Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Tele Zoom for Nikon. They are about $200 dollar difference. Does anyone have any experience with either lens?

How do you like the 7100?
I have a 3100 and I'm trying to decide between the D7100 or a 70D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk