theunholy

Go Kart Champion
not GTI... anyway..

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

HyeWarrior

Banned
Lol at that Miata

Apparently I'm going to Europe next week, France specifically. Hopefully I'll be back in a few weeks with a lot of goodies for you guys :)

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd BUMP!

Hey all. Fiance and I had an idea...whether it'll be good or not remains to be seen ;)

We're getting married in Hawaii in september and have been having some issues scheduling a photographer that doesn't make us feel like we're being robbed and that is actually available. It's not some fancy thing, we're just gonna post up on a beach somewhere, my BFF from Jr High is officiating, and only ~10 people are going to be there. On top of that we're not really into the whole wedding photo's thing to begin with, but we realize people will want SOMETHING.

So here's our idea, rather than spend $300-$400 on these photographers, we thought we could just buy a camera ourselves for that money and hand it over to an inclined photographer for most of the photo's, but then also shoot shoot, pass, that way everyone gets to take their wedding photo and we'll let them have it, etc etc the feels d'awww..and then we'll have an actual factual good camera to take photo's with for the trip (we're there for like, eleventybillion days) and I won't have to use my dumbphone camera with the ultrasmartpixalz.

Anyway, I need to know what is a good camera for the price point? I love taking photo's some I'm all over this, a friend let me borrow his DSLR thingy for a trip to DFW Aquarium and I went ham, and have some pretty awesome from the venture! Is it better to spend the whole budget on camera alone, or maybe dial back a bit on camera to get be able to fit in an allowance for different lenses?

HyeWarrior

Banned
I know you can find great deals on Canon T3i's right now or even T4i since the T5i is still relatively new.

The lens it comes with is usually the 18-55 lens which is decent for everyday random stuff, but nothing to artsy.

You should absolutely look into buying the 50mm 1.8 because of how cheap it is, I still use mine regularly. Maybe the 40mm if you want something for more close range photos.

And you should probably look into a wide angle lens as well. I bought a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens for I believe $350 refurbished but it's my favorite lens right now.

I would love to provide more info but I'm on mobile. I'm sure more people can chime in on what else to look for.

OH. And invest in a tripod

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd BUMP!

Hey all. Fiance and I had an idea...whether it'll be good or not remains to be seen ;)

We're getting married in Hawaii in september and have been having some issues scheduling a photographer that doesn't make us feel like we're being robbed and that is actually available. It's not some fancy thing, we're just gonna post up on a beach somewhere, my BFF from Jr High is officiating, and only ~10 people are going to be there. On top of that we're not really into the whole wedding photo's thing to begin with, but we realize people will want SOMETHING.

So here's our idea, rather than spend $300-$400 on these photographers, we thought we could just buy a camera ourselves for that money and hand it over to an inclined photographer for most of the photo's, but then also shoot shoot, pass, that way everyone gets to take their wedding photo and we'll let them have it, etc etc the feels d'awww..and then we'll have an actual factual good camera to take photo's with for the trip (we're there for like, eleventybillion days) and I won't have to use my dumbphone camera with the ultrasmartpixalz.

Anyway, I need to know what is a good camera for the price point? I love taking photo's some I'm all over this, a friend let me borrow his DSLR thingy for a trip to DFW Aquarium and I went ham, and have some pretty awesome from the venture! Is it better to spend the whole budget on camera alone, or maybe dial back a bit on camera to get be able to fit in an allowance for different lenses?

I have a t3i and it is a great camera also the f1.8 50mm lens does make a huge difference. If you would like to buy my package you can PM me. I have a T3i with kit lens, 50mm f1.8 lens great for blurring backgrounds and foregrounds, and two batteries and an sd card. Let me know if your interested.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
yea it seems as if for the average consumer, a t3i/4i/5i is more than enough

the 18-55 sucks though. it's fine for average shots.. i mean.. all my shots are with that 18-55, but it's still a pretty crappy lens.

blake i might be interested in your 50mm

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info, I'll probably be PM'ing you soon Blake! Yeah nothing incredibly fancy, just enough to take some decent shots that don't look like a potato took them. I'm not trying to make a profession out this :D

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Haha cool let me know man! :)

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Well then. ^ :D

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Well then. ^ :D

^^yea.....