GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE panorama thread!

mike20t

Shaved Burger
Post your best pano's and what processes you took to take them and post processing was required.

I took my first pano at Sydney harbour last night. It was stormy a bit so the clouds were reflecting the city alot so thats why it looks pretty orange.

I havnt done any post processing or altering at all yet. This is just a converted RAW. Comments appreciated.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
Epic. Especially because it has no after photo processing. Great work. What camera are you using and what were the photo specs?

mike20t

Shaved Burger
Haha thanks.

Camera was Canon 450D (Rebel Xsi)
Lens was 17-55m f/2.8

I think i stuffed it up a little due to me having it AP the whole time, so the Aperture was constant but shutter speed varied... should of gone full manual mode i guess...

There was about 27 different photos in that pano. Im heading out tonight with the intention to take some more. Ill post up the results :)

fantastic shot. i haven't done any in a long time but here are some of my previous ones (with previous cameras). stitched together using panorama factory

click the pictures for more sizes

santa monica, ca

grand canyon, az

san fransisco, ca

lincoln city, or

Meat

rack rack 'em
nice stuff guys. I've been thinking about getting a stitching program to do some panoramic stuff. How smart are they and how difficult is it to end up with a well-spliced shot?

the one i used is pretty good. panorama factory. i don't know how current it is, as i haven't made a panorama since around 2004.

anyway, proper picture taking will make the end result better. for instance, rotating the camera on proper axis (pivot at the front of the lens, not the center of the body) it is way easier to use the center of the body by using a tripod, but you get slightly different angles that way from shot to shot.

also be cognizant of moving objects in the pano

mike20t

Shaved Burger
I used Adobe bridge and CS4.

Just selected the pics to be spliced, selected the panorama function. It opened up PS, and after a LONG time it came up with the image, but with tearing lines all over it.

I just merged the visible layers and the lines went away!

Final product is what you see :)

Cant wait to take some more tonight. We have a HUGE ocean liner docked down by the city so i might get some nice snaps :)

mike20t

Shaved Burger
Here is my best attempt last night of the big cruise ship in Sydney....

You can see our world famous bridge in the background as well :)

I really like how the cars turned out over to the left as well :)