GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

They are talking smack about the MK6?!!!1

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I was unaware that I have been driving a "flop" this whole time. Damn.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. Sucks huh? What were we thinking?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
MK5's been around for how long? 2003 debut and sold to 2009, so 6 years...MK6 is 2008 debut and sold to 2012. Not really that different if its considered a flop....

hpowders

Ready to race!
The 6th generation Golf/GTI "flopped"? That's news to me as well as to the professional reviewers of Automobile Magazine and Car and Driver! Where has Topspeed been?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
260 stock? LOL.....I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, they COULD do it just by giving them a better IC and using a more aggressive tune, obviously. But will they?

Actually, I hope they don't.....otherwise I might have to get a 2014 and take the hit... :D

Halvie

WOOSA
I have no idea why you think the next GTI would be generic or boring. And 260HP is definitely manageable in a FWD car. The GTI has far less torque steer than most FWD cars, and the electronically controlled mechanical LSD being mentioned will help with traction.

Maybe idling. Anything over 201hp in a fwd car is impossible to drive.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Ill be waiting for the new A3. I bought early mk6 and besides owning the only lemon mk6 its been a very good car. The new A3 literally has everything i want and need in a vehicle. Ill slap a cai and a stage 1 tune and id be happy.

-phalanx

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ill be waiting for the new A3. I bought early mk6 and besides owning the only lemon mk6 its been a very good car. The new A3 literally has everything i want and need in a vehicle. Ill slap a cai and a stage 1 tune and id be happy.

-phalanx

interesting - you have links and info on the A3? what year will that be out?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

-phalanx

Yes yes.... Like Gunkata I also wonder if you have a link?

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
New A3 will be shown at the new car show in March.. until then there isn't a ton of info, just a couple pics of the interior, and some concepts from last year.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Pretty much no info. Ive wanted to replace my current vehicle for a while but wanted to wait until something caught my eye. The A3 did. So instead of mods ill put a s3 ic for this summers heat and dump extra money into payments