GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

time-lapse

omegach

Banned

ubergeek

broadcasting LIVE
that's wicked...huge fan of your work!!!

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
thats pretty sick....what do you use equipment wise and software for editing?

Turbo

Ready to race!
Well done. :w00t:

Remember, hands go at 10 and 2. :wink:

How did you mount the camera in the car? Tripod in the back seat? Or a mounting bracket clamped to the headrest rails? Also, what interval did you shot at?

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
nice work omega. we'll have to have some fun in ocean city if you come again

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
so was this done all through pictures or off of a video camera? if this was a video camera than thats pretty simple.

sounds like you did it through all the pictures though and if it was then man. i would hate to put that all together. ive done some animation through pictures and trying to assemble a 600 picture sequence is not fun at all lol

omegach

Banned
Well done. :w00t:

Remember, hands go at 10 and 2. :wink:

How did you mount the camera in the car? Tripod in the back seat? Or a mounting bracket clamped to the headrest rails? Also, what interval did you shot at?
the camera mount was just a plank of wood w/ 4 holes to thread the headrests through (+1 for the camera bolt)

one three-second shot every 4 seconds. so that means there was one second in-between each shot. video was assembled at 15fps

nice work omega. we'll have to have some fun in ocean city if you come again
heh definitely! maybe i'll stay the weekend this time. ;)

so was this done all through pictures or off of a video camera? if this was a video camera than thats pretty simple.

sounds like you did it through all the pictures though and if it was then man. i would hate to put that all together. ive done some animation through pictures and trying to assemble a 600 picture sequence is not fun at all lol
all pictures. only took like 3 clicks in quicktime pro to assemble (file -> open image sequence -> choose fps)

pretty painless. i'm planning on adding text/sound and and maybe batch processing the files in photoshop for my next one; that'll probably be more of a PITA

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
pretty painless. i'm planning on adding text/sound and and maybe batch processing the files in photoshop for my next one; that'll probably be more of a PITA

yeah, when i did the animation it was from a drawing i did. it was moving stuff around from the drawing through photoshop but things got out of order and when i put stuff into adobe premiere i had to do each one seperately. i definately like the idea though. keep em coming.

youre not too far away from me. we should meet up sometime and do the biggest sweetest picture project this site has ever seen lol

Turbo

Ready to race!
the camera mount was just a plank of wood w/ 4 holes to thread the headrests through (+1 for the camera bolt)

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Did you mount a tripod head on the plank so you could control the pan/tilt? I have a crappy old tripod that I might steal the head off of for just that reason. I'd love to video my next autocross runs for later analysis. :w00t: