GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire is DRUNK!

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
So, I'd like to see how many people have had the weirdest tire issues, and if pictures are had, lets see them!
Rules: Year, Make, Model of vehicle, miles, and tire.

I'll Start!
This happened just a couple hours ago on the Wife's 2003 Chevy S10 2.2L 2wd Reg Cab, Reg Bed with 61.xxx miles on it. Probably had the original set of tires when we got it a year and a half ago. Tires are Uniroyal Tiger Paw (I wish they were just Tiger Paw not the crap Uniroyal now makes with the Tiger Paw name) 205/65/15 factory spec tires.

Not sure what the hell caused this, but most likely the age alone. The year stamp is 2002.

It actually does a zig zag on a 1/4 section of the tread!

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Yeah most companies recommend replacing tires well before 10 years.

Lucky you it didn't blow out.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Don't know, All I know is we were at a red light getting ready to make the usual U turn to go to the car wash, and the truck started wobbling from the right rear (I could tell, but my wife couldn't). I know you are supposed to replace the tires before 10 years, but I didn't know that the tire was that old, I didn't know how to read a tire date before tonight. All I know is there was 6/32 of tread left (almost new for tread depth) so the truck didn't get much of any use throughout it's life, it mainly sat. 10 year old truck with only 61k on the clock, got it with 51k

Merkle

Banned
It might have sat on an incline. Parker sideways where one side of the truck was higher than the rest, maybe to where that one tire was holding the most lateral force.