GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

to iPhone owners

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
coming from a slew of sidekicks, I really wish the keyboard found in safari for widescreen view would work for SMS as well.

anyone else agree? that would be an AWESOME update for me, better then anything 2.1 had x100000.

GyroJoe

Turbo is my middle name
Personally I don't mind the portrait keyboard. Just trust the autocompletion. Most of the time it does better than you think.

And yea, other phones <<<<< iPhone.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I'm still happy with my first gen iphone. It took me awhile to get used to the keyboard with my jimmy dean sausage like fingers, but now I can text on it like a pro:thumbsup: My wife just picked up a 3g & I think I still got the better deal. 1st gen is smaller w/ metal backing.

BOz

Keep right except to pass
I was very close to getting an Ipod but I thought the keyboard on the blackberry curve was so much quicker and easier to use..

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
I'm still happy with my first gen iphone. It took me awhile to get used to the keyboard with my jimmy dean sausage like fingers, but now I can text on it like a pro:thumbsup: My wife just picked up a 3g & I think I still got the better deal. 1st gen is smaller w/ metal backing.

3g and gps take up space. also the metal backing interferes with reception. that's why they changed it.

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
i honestly never use the landscape view keyboard when im on safari. just get used to it.

as for iphone keyboard vs other cell phone keyboards. i used to own a treo i can type as fast as i did with the treo. the only reason i can think of where the treo keyboard is better is i can text while driving much more easily, which i shouldn't be doing anyway.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
i dunno how you iphone users use those touch pads. I don't have the patience to use them. They are way too slow for how quick I type on my BB. Just got a Curve & i'm pretty happy.

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
i honestly never use the landscape view keyboard when im on safari. just get used to it.

as for iphone keyboard vs other cell phone keyboards. i used to own a treo i can type as fast as i did with the treo. the only reason i can think of where the treo keyboard is better is i can text while driving much more easily, which i shouldn't be doing anyway.
i am used to it but I would still prefer the landscape keyboard

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
ahhh dont me started on cellphones

i am a HARD cellphone junkie. Over the past 3-4 years I have EASILY gone through over 60 handsets (from mid range to top of the line)

Every phone/os has its faults.

Verizon - all the phones (except windows mobile) are crap. they are crap because of the locked brew software. no java apps like googlemaps and such? FAIL

windows mobile - works fairly well but very buggy, slow, lacking in features out of the box. once you have updated the phone with roms, patches, software, registery tweaks, and codecs they usually run great. The only limitation IMO is the windows 6.1 65k max color for the screen.

Symbian - My favorite OS. Runs the most stable and is highly customizable. Has the best cameras, best video recording, great browser, fast locking AGPS, flash enabled browser, and has full office utilities. My one complaint would be screen resolution. 320x240 is terrible lol, although the screen on my Nokia E90 was UNBELIEVABLE, just that the phone was too big and bulky for daily use.

Iphone - good multimedia phone with too many features blocked. This is fine for 90% of iphone users. The other 10% will have jailbroken the phone and use installer and such. I was using the phone on Tmobile and I greatly enjoyed it. Music player was great, screen was awesome, email was nice and easy, and the web browser. I hated the recessed headphone jack, no A2DP, and I got sick of not being really able to use the phone with one hand.

The google phone should be good, but we'll have to wait till 10/22. I already preorded mine so its just a waiting game.

All phones have their benefits and negatives, also matters which carrier you are on.

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
Forgot BB, I hate the OS. HATE IT. its so ugly and its not very efficient imo. Email is the best on the BB though. The Bold is finally taking the right step for RIM.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
i am a HARD cellphone junkie. Over the past 3-4 years I have EASILY gone through over 60 handsets (from mid range to top of the line)

OMG! LOL

Every phone/os has its faults.

Verizon - all the phones (except windows mobile) are crap. they are crap because of the locked brew software. no java apps like googlemaps and such? FAIL

agreed. verizon phones are the worst. (but has the best service in my area, so i'm kinda stuck with them).