GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TOP SPEED!!

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
I did 240km/h.
But I had GT-R police car persuit right after then... have to pay $700 fine and had 30days licence suspended.

Officially recorded.

in fast and furious tokyo drift they said if u go over a certain speed which is like 130 mph. that cops wont chase you. i stand corrected

T@soulis

Car(s)
GTi
I dont think so.....i go to the police station and they have pics from speed cams about 400 cars...and the speeds was over 220Km/h or 142 mph...so they dont get in to truble to chess u ....they come to your home...!!!I pay 450 euros only...

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
Isn't there some VAG-COM flag that gets set if you exceed a certain speed limit - hence they may re neg on any engine/transmission warranty claims? :iono:

- M -

dajebus

i never got mine past 130 or so. but it is still pretty new.

it must be limited but anyone i have raced on highway's and such chickens out long before i am doing that speed so it's all good..!

dajebus

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
08' TR .:R32
I've gotten mine up to 152mph, but only w/ the assistance of my chip + I ran outta room so I don't know how much faster it would have gone :biggrin:

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Before my remap, on German autobahns I frequently drove 120-130 mph for long periods. At over 135, acceleration gets sluggish and I reached 143 mph before slowing for traffic. She's rock steady at 130 but begins to feel light at higher. But I do have modded suspension.

Since the Revo, acceleration from about 90 to 120 mph is outstanding.

The speeds were according to my Road Angel GPS.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
how fast>130 (on the speedo)..how its feel> scarry...

....Invest in some driver training or a course on a private airfield where you can experience your car's limits under instruction. Once you know where the edge is, you'll be able to stay away from it and also feel much more confident.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
ok.. i drive 240km/h everywhere here in germany which is roughly 140mph. it can go faster, the car hit 5k and the limiter holds it there, but the redline is 6.5k. im curious what what the car can push chipped? it's the only thing i can see limiting it at high speed, its definately not traction. btw - it's smooth as hell. your going and look down and are oh snap.. im going 140... huh.. /shrug. it's chill yo. the srt-4's here are pushing 160mph+ on the autobahn, but in those it feels like your in a rocket ship made out of paper machete. it's clearly the differance in quality manufacturing of our vechicles. when you push our cars, you can really feel where the extra money went. in that, and the quality of our interior and sound systems lol.

Karel S

Ready to race!
240 km/h ( 147 mph), as seen on the speedo.
Did it on the Autobahn, and it still felt like it could go faster.

But, as we all know, the speedo is off by quite a bit.
I think VW is pretty close with their listed 235 km/h top speed.

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
i hit 145mph and still had alot more to go. i was around 5krpm