GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPC IS20 Hybrid from stock

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Is it just on my end or is this the limit of what they provide for details?

DO YOU HAVE A TSI MK7 GOLF OR WAGEN/ALLTRACK, AN A3 OR GTI? WANT A QUICK SPOOLING TURBO FOR YOUR DAILY DRIVER? WANT SOMETHING WITH THE SPOOL OF AN IS20 BUT WITH IS38 TYPE TOP END OUR TPC18 IS AN...

Where do you see it's BB?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Is it just on my end or is this the limit of what they provide for details?

DO YOU HAVE A TSI MK7 GOLF OR WAGEN/ALLTRACK, AN A3 OR GTI? WANT A QUICK SPOOLING TURBO FOR YOUR DAILY DRIVER? WANT SOMETHING WITH THE SPOOL OF AN IS20 BUT WITH IS38 TYPE TOP END OUR TPC18 IS AN...

Where do you see it's BB?
This too,

“OUR TPC18 IS AN IS20 BASED TURBOCHARGER THAT IS A QUICK SPOOLING ON PUMP GAS, MAKING IT A BLAST TO DRIVE WITH AMAZING IN TOWN DRIVEABLILTY, EARLY TESTS HAVE THIS TURBO RUNNING MID 12S IN A FULL WEIGHT ALLTRACK WITH JUST A DOWNPIPE AND ECU TUNE, NO INTAKE, NO IC, NO DSG TUNE, WITH THE DOG IN THE WAGEN, ALL ON THE STOCK FUEL SYSTEM RUNNING 91 OCTANE. UPGRADED FUELING WILL INCREASE PERFORMANCE AS WOULD HIGH ETHANOL CONTENT GASOLINE.“

All track with dog in the back! I wonder if the test car is that guy that was banned who was always doing 3am draggy runs - back to back so he could come on here and argue.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
This too,

“OUR TPC18 IS AN IS20 BASED TURBOCHARGER THAT IS A QUICK SPOOLING ON PUMP GAS, MAKING IT A BLAST TO DRIVE WITH AMAZING IN TOWN DRIVEABLILTY, EARLY TESTS HAVE THIS TURBO RUNNING MID 12S IN A FULL WEIGHT ALLTRACK WITH JUST A DOWNPIPE AND ECU TUNE, NO INTAKE, NO IC, NO DSG TUNE, WITH THE DOG IN THE WAGEN, ALL ON THE STOCK FUEL SYSTEM RUNNING 91 OCTANE. UPGRADED FUELING WILL INCREASE PERFORMANCE AS WOULD HIGH ETHANOL CONTENT GASOLINE.“

All track with dog in the back! I wonder if the test car is that guy that was banned who was always doing 3am draggy runs - back to back so he could come on here and argue.
They don't mention it on their site, however I found a few posts on here that mention it being ball bearing. Anyone who rebuilds IS20s and makes them stronger? | Page 3 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum and Tune for 1.8 with IS38 Sportwagen | Page 5 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Would be nice to have some actual specs, not just that it ran 12s with a dog in the back.

I also like that their TPC20 page has to point out it has a larger compressor than a EQT Vortex...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Would be nice to have some actual specs, not just that it ran 12s with a dog in the back.

I also like that their TPC20 page has to point out it has a larger compressor than a EQT Vortex...
Running 12’s with a cat in the back probably would’ve been enough for u 😂

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
TPC18 is a ball bearing IS20 hotside/housing mated to an IS38 coldside/housing. It won’t make as much power as an IS38 unless you throw additional fueling at it. Littco has a new L340 IS20 hybrid on their website that’s the same thing but journal bearing. Doesn’t make much sense (to me at least) when an IS38 is cheaper and reliably makes more power with probably similar spool and available OTS tuning.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
the tpc18 is now a journal bearing, it was originally offered in a ball bearing configuration. There was little demand to be honest so we decided to offer it in a journal bearing to lower the cost.
Is it possible to custom order it as a BB turbo?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Do you have an idea of what it will make?
Numbers? nah i really only care about lap times tbh. From what I've seen from another user using it on his Alltrack it will make great power, but the curve and torque increase really has me excited. The is20 is great but I can see this being that true upgrade for the unit to really make use of the 1.8t

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
Numbers? nah i really only care about lap times tbh. From what I've seen from another user using it on his Alltrack it will make great power, but the curve and torque increase really has me excited. The is20 is great but I can see this being that true upgrade for the unit to really make use of the 1.8t
I get you, lap times are great, it just would be nice for us to also see where it lies on the spectrum. Lap times isn't going to be as applicable across the board for every end user. If it's slightly higher in power than an IS20 with similar spool and torque then I would be happy, I have gotten used to the torque punch of the smaller turbo and don't want to give that up.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I think I would need to see something more than a 107.5 trap speed to think it would be better than a regular is20 let alone an is38. I get it was just in 91 and no TCU tune, but why not just tune it properly on 93 with the TCU tune and see what it can do. Any is20 car can hit 107-108 on 93

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Even a basic dyno sheet would be preferable tbh. Until we see hard numbers it's really difficult to judge just how good of a proposition this thing is.