GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traded in my GTI for something else German...

McQueen77

Banned
This thread is fucking ludicrous. Who gives a shit if it's a lease? Oftentimes that's a better deal. People best educate themselves. GTI outperforms the m sport 328 all around? Have you driven one? The GTI is a cheap 'performance car' that has a lot of utility. It's a mid 20k car and it feels like one. It's a great car. So is the 3 series.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
This thread is fucking ludicrous. Who gives a shit if it's a lease? Oftentimes that's a better deal. People best educate themselves. GTI outperforms the m sport 328 all around? Have you driven one? The GTI is a cheap 'performance car' that has a lot of utility. It's a mid 20k car and it feels like one. It's a great car. So is the 3 series.

SHHHHHHHH. you'll angry the heard.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
You already state above that its an upgrade. Do you really need to be educated as to why a 3-series is nicer than a GTI?
This is just another "I am better than you all now" post. And no I cant be happy for a kid with leased BMW. Now go back to your happy little world.
When I take delivery of my new Macan in May I promise I will not post in on this forum so you all can be happy for me.

This post makes my head hurt.
There is nothing wrong with leasing a BMW. In fact, there is nothing wrong with taking a brand new BMW lease over buying a 2-3 year old CPO model. Because if you only keep it 3 years anyway, then you'll probably end up spending less money on the lease as even the CPO model will suffer massive amounts of depreciation.

McQueen77

Banned
Most people don't actually know anything and rely on subjective opinion and "conventional wisdom" which is often faulty

PetrolHead

When's the next track day

This

SHHHHHHHH. you'll angry the heard.

:lol:

This post makes my head hurt.
There is nothing wrong with leasing a BMW. In fact, there is nothing wrong with taking a brand new BMW lease over buying a 2-3 year old CPO model. Because if you only keep it 3 years anyway, then you'll probably end up spending less money on the lease as even the CPO model will suffer massive amounts of depreciation.

Yep

Most people don't actually know anything and rely on subjective opinion and "conventional wisdom" which is often faulty

That.

McQueen77

Banned
It's like hearing 25 year olds that sound like my 60 year old mom. "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush!" Jesus christ. The best are the "I could afford a 100k but I chose the gti because it's the best car in the world." Lies.

Jacris

Ready to race!
This

Yep

show me math that supports this on a 328xi

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It's like hearing 25 year olds that sound like my 60 year old mom. "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush!" Jesus christ. The best are the "I could afford a 100k but I chose the gti because it's the best car in the world." Lies.

A lot of truth in this...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Nice car. Whats the retail on one of those?...
"More than you can afford pal, BMW 328i xDrive"

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I could afford a brand new BMW. I just decided I'd rather have 2 VWs instead. (My payments on both cars total about $600.) My GTI is the fun car that is now as fast or faster than a 328 and my TDI gets better mileage. Obviously neither are as nice as a BMW and won't ever be the ultimate driving machine. If I wasn't married with a family, I'd either have my GTI at Stage 3 or K04 by now or I'd likely own a modded 2010+ Audi S4, Golf R, or maybe even a BMW 335. My family is more important to me. Seriously though, to each their own. What matters is the OP is happy with his decision. ;)