GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***Transformers on Blu-Ray Sept 2, 2008***

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
isn't it already on blu-ray?

wilytech

Ready to race!
No but who hasn't bought it on dvd already? I have a bluray player and I wouldn't buy it again. It's upscaled anyhow

-wiretap-

hax0r
meh, not rebuying it on Blu-ray, I already have it on HDDVD. They're using the same AVC encode from what I hear, but they're adding a PCM audio track. The HDDVD DD+ audio in the Transformers encode already sounds better than any Blu-ray movie I own that contains uncompressed audio, so I don't see a need to pay what will presumably be an outrageous price. But anyway, even if it was a new video encode, it wouldn't much matter. The higher ISO film they used to shoot the movie won't allow for any better picture quality.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
well i only have it on DVD and woulda bought it on HDDVD if i had a player. I love Blu-Ray.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
I have it on HD DVD also, I probably won't buy a BD player until around Xmas time, when they get their shit sorted out.

I hope the audio is good though, TrueHD and some DD+ is unreal on HD DVD

-wiretap-

hax0r
Honestly, I am not that blown away by blu-ray. It doesnt look that much better than DVD imo.
Your setup and viewing distance acuity is probably incorrect. It should look (and sound) a few leagues better.

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I'm down for it! I love my blu-ray on PS3. On a side note they where shooting transformers 2 up where I live in a old steel mill. MMMM megan fox:wink:

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
meh I have it on normal DVD no point in getting it on blue-ray Ill rent it to see how awesome it is at 1080p but wouldn't buy it

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
This is why I didn't buy it on DVD yet...wanted to wait since back in the day it seemed that Blu-Ray was going to win out the war over HD-DVD. I think both are great, but Blu-Ray seems like its has an edge with a couple more capabilities. The biggest thing is that they had more money to throw around at the distribution companies. Anyway, can't wait but what I really can't wait for is prices to come down on these f*cking discs!

-wiretap-

hax0r
Well, it's going to be probably until Christmas before we see prices starting to drop. It's so unfortunate the format war didn't continue. I was liking the buy one get one free movie deals. But now that it's over, it is kind of nice getting all the HD DVD movies for $5.99.