GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Travel Assist - mods coming perhaps?

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Just picked up my 2022 GTI and love it so far. The Travel Assist is really nice to have and I think it works very well. I would love for there to be a slightly longer delay between when it tells me to take control of the steering.

I'm no advocate for distracted driving in this sense, I firmly believe that the car should tell you to take control of the steering, but not as often. I believe with Tesla it's around 30 to 40 seconds? Whereas the VW system is constant.

Does anyone agree?

Reactions: Dwj

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I agree. Having to grab the steering wheel every 10 seconds or so defeats the point of this system. Easier to leave your hand on the wheel, in which case you just as well do the steering. Probably a UK/European legal thing.

josephvman

I did my first short road trip today in MK8 GTI, driving close to 400 miles and using the Travel Assist extensively. The owners manual doesn't go into much explanation into what the various symbols on the dash mean. Is there a comprehensive guide for this system anywhere?

I agree that the steering wheel warning time is too short, and it seems that having your hands on the wheel isn't enough and you actually have to make periodic steering adjustments to keep from getting the warning (not the red warning, but the initial one). It really does defeat the purpose of the system if you have to make steering adjustments to avoid getting a warning.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
As far as travel assist mods go ... Does anybody have any idea how they got autonomous lane change to work? :) It should be just a software thing.