GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

trip to the zoo

GTI_NY

Ready to race!
My first attempt at photography....

GTI_NY

Ready to race!
canon rebel eos xsi, they were all taken with auto shoot and w/o a tripod. i dont know enough to manually change all the settings

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Nice shots, I have the same camera, trying using the Aperture priority mode, it's really simple and will help you learn more about SLRs, definitely looks at photography websites online.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Shoot all your pictures in RAW format, and use Digital Photo Professional to adjust sharpness, contrast, and exposure. It will really make your photos look 100% better.

I think the photos don't look great, especially for the camera. I hope you don't take this as anything but constructive, but you should try a few things. Reference the manual for how to accomplish these things.

1. Change your focus point on the camera to center point only.

2. Change the format of the pictures from JPEG to RAW.

3. Shoot in "P" mode, not green rectangle. I highly recommend learning the settings, but that doesn't happen overnight, the "P" will allow your camera to do the adjustments, but you'll still get a "RAW" image format picture.

4. Change Auto Focus to AE SERVO... when composing a picture use the eyes of a person or a point with multiple colors to allow the camera to focus better, hold the shutter halfway, steady the camera and yourself and gently squeeze the final push. It's very important to understand how the autofocus works because nothing can fix a blurry picture, light, color, etc, all easy to adjust, but you must know how to get sharp pictures. Make sure the center focus point has diversly contrasting colors. For example, your ladies glasses would be very tough for the camera to get the focus dialed in on, however, her lips and teeth contrast nicely and will help get better results. I like to use eyeballs, but glasses kind of screw you in that regard.

I started off with an XTi, a similar camera, and I know that you have tons of room to grow and seeing your pictures improve with your technique is a great feeling.

Good luck!

maxmonster

Account Suspended
for day time i like to use the A setting which is aperture mode. but for the most part i enjoy shooting in M mode. seriously get to know how to use your camera makes pictures come out so much better cause to be honest right now man your pictures look like they were shot with a point and shoot

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Are you letting the autofocus beep before you click the shutter? I only say this because I let my mother take a few pics with my camera (Nikon D80) and she seriously could not grasp the concept of pressing the button down a little bit to get the focus and the rest of the way to snap the picture. She was just jamming her finger down on the button which did not allow the autofocus to adjust and the pictures looked exactly like these. Just a thought.