GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trouble being smooth in manual

tim89

I have an 130hp 6MT from 2021. Been driving it for a few months now. Drove it four about 9k km. And for some reason i can not get smooth shifts in this car.

The clutch pedal is vague at best, the gas pedal is so overly sensitive and vague that any small change to the pedal means either 0 throttle or 2-3k rpm.
This results in either bogging down or a slipping clutch or a really uncomfortable rough shift. The only way i get the car to be a little smooth is sort off dumping the clutch around 1800-2000rpm.
The dealer already had a test drive with me once and said everything is fine. But they rev it to 2.5-3k on an empty street. Not really the kind of driving that is doable in a busy city.

Driving in traffic with having to sometimes clutch in and clutch out in either first or second gear is nearly impossible without either kangerooing or bogging down. The throttle is so incredibly sensitive that your over 2k rpm instantly. And holding the clutch longer doesn't help in second either.

I am mainly wondering if others experience something similar or there's perhaps something wrong with my throttle or clutch or maybe both.

For reference, i drove a seat ibiza 2018 last week with a 6MT 150hp and didn't have any trouble driving smooth in that one.

tim89

I must say we turned off the auto-hold and now we are able to drive relatively smooth. Apparently the auto-hold sticks quite long. This made the car work really hard to start moving and made it shoot off as soon as the auto-hold fully released.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
"I must say we turned off the auto-hold and now we are able to drive relatively smooth. Apparently the auto-hold sticks quite long. This made the car work really hard to start moving and made it shoot off as soon as the auto-hold fully released." Kinda, but the start / stop function is waay worse, impossible to perform smooth getaways unless disabling it....