GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
Is the second pic the golf or ttrs knuckle bracket?

SEAT LEON CUPRA SUB8

new-seat-leon-cupra-r-036h.jpg

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Love the sub8 cupra. Kinda convinced me to do these calipers tbh. Looks like it uses the same upper brackets as the 4cyl vw/audi cars, good to know.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
With the vag brackets for 340/345mm rotors that means we can use 17" right? If i can find a set of these brakes i would love to be able to get my winter set over them

sukeyes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK6
Love the sub8 cupra. Kinda convinced me to do these calipers tbh. Looks like it uses the same upper brackets as the 4cyl vw/audi cars, good to know.

These Brembo calipers (with the right pads) really do the justice in the track... but the original discs are crap...

If you consider a replacement option with some minor tweaks... pm me...

scrllock

Autocross Champion
With the vag brackets for 340/345mm rotors that means we can use 17" right? If i can find a set of these brakes i would love to be able to get my winter set over them
With the right wheel, maybe. I think the SM-10s in 17x9 might fit? Apex only confirmed fitment for 18s on the 370mm stock rotors though.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I highly doubt you'll get 17s over them, 17s barely fit over stock PP brakes and these calipers are much bigger. Like the stock austins require a 12mm just to clear the face.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I highly doubt you'll get 17s over them, 17s barely fit over stock PP brakes and these calipers are much bigger. Like the stock austins require a 12mm just to clear the face.
Face is different then the barrel. There’s 17s that will clear what 18s won’t because the barrel/face are built to a more oem standard and not bbk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Face is different then the barrel. There’s 17s that will clear what 18s won’t because the barrel/face are built to a more oem standard and not bbk
Yes, I'm aware of that, they are both a challenge on TTRS calipers. The TTRS brakes are built to an OEM standard for a 19x9" wheel. The clearance you need on the face for these is huge, so yes there is a chance you find a wide 17" wheel that will clear face without 10+mm of spacers, but who is running a 17x8.5" or wider winter wheel? Again stock PP brakes are barely cleared by some 17s and the TTRS calipers are notably bigger in every direction so I think you'd be hard pressed to find a wheel that clears the face and barrel, which would only be possible by an actual test fit, with wheel weights on. I have these on my car and spent a ton of time on fitments and test fits, so just trying to share some insight that would save time and money. Your best bet is to run 18" winters over these, that's what I've been doing.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Some of the forged japanese wheels might work but who runs a $3k wheelset for winters? There are 17s that clear the macan brembos, and the ttrs/cupra ones aren't drastically bigger. @mopar22 which wheels are you using?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Some of the forged japanese wheels might work but who runs a $3k wheelset for winters? There are 17s that clear the macan brembos, and the ttrs/cupra ones aren't drastically bigger. @mopar22 which wheels are you using?
Neuspeed Rse05. They clear the Macans apparently but not sure they’d clear these

MrFabulous

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport
Update on my quest to utilize the thicker 370x34 034 rotor, with the TTRS calipers.

Test fitting everything together, (which entails CSS spindles, new FAG wheel bearings, TTRS calipers with OE brackets). I've had to shim the bracket 1.5mm to center the caliper to the rotor. Then use thinner Ferodo FRP3076H pads to get adequate clearance to the rotor.

Is it worth it? Who knows. But I wanted to run this particular rotor for personal reasons and I figured out a way to do it.

IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_3188.jpeg

IMG_3185.jpeg

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Bracket part numbers look to be 8J0-615-133 (L), 8J0-615-134 (R), and N-010-293-16 for the screw. If you're using the brake line shown above (or the HEL) with the curved fitting, it's probably worthwhile to get the bracket to support the fitting. But don't quote me on that, haven't mocked that up yet.
Got mine in and bolted up. Didn't need to buy the bolt, they come with the bracket P/Ns. They do keep the line in place but doesn't seem super necessary once the mid-line thingie is hooked up. Oh well, they look nice.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
So I'm starting to piece together a kit. I got the bracket kits but just want to make sure i got everything in it since the instructions are just for any car really. Do we have any copper washers for our kit and what do we do with the black locking tabs. They say what they're for in the instructions but the lines i got have no markings for them that i can see

scrllock

Autocross Champion
So I'm starting to piece together a kit. I got the bracket kits but just want to make sure i got everything in it since the instructions are just for any car really. Do we have any copper washers for our kit and what do we do with the black locking tabs. They say what they're for in the instructions but the lines i got have no markings for them that i can see
If you mean the VBT kit, I asked about both of those things:

The VAG11 lines don’t have any washers as they don’t use any banjo fittings. The spring clips pictured are just reused from the stock lines along with the small horse shoe clip.

The plastic clips in the kit go before and after the plastic locator that’s on the line, just to tie it in place like in the picture below (the locator may look different on your lines)]
unnamed.jpg