GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo muffler delete sound increase?

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
It increases spool sound, but kind of a useless mod. Just get an open element intake or exhaust.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

ACE2

Ready to race!
I just purchased a CTS intake for my 16 gti and it sounds really damn good! I can hear the turbo sounds with windows rolled up and it's not overkill either

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

ACE2

Ready to race!
From what I read people seemed to lean towards the closed box of the apr intake...I guess more functional. The one thing you'll notice is that with the intake (at least open boxed ones) is that throttle response seems to lag a tiny bit when stepping on gas but in higher gears it pulls harder. Either way I'm happy with my cts turbo intake and love hearing the sounds

ACE2

Ready to race!
I guess it's more cosmetics and money willing to spend but I'm sure they both give same results

Gonrcng

Passed Driver's Ed
Do both .... Sounds terrific with the APR TMD and the CTS intake . I find myself never turning on the radio anymore. :D

Sexysoxy

Ready to race!
I'm not too concerned about the HP gains mainly because I have a 1.8t and not a gti so I'm never going to be too fast but I care mostly about the sound so does closed box and open box have the same sound effect?

ACE2

Ready to race!
Do an open box for sound then...it's a little more vocal than boxed...and trust me it's louder than stock and sounds great

B95zP

Ready to race!
Bought the Nuespeed Hi-Flo dealio, and yea there is barely any change to the sound of the turbo. At certain times you can pick up the noise, but for the most part it is negligible.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
B95zP: Any differences in response? Been looking at the hi-flow, but there is almost no data on it in the forums.