GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Two Black GTIs - Denver vs Detroit

juhaniengelberg

Passed Driver's Ed
I couldn't resist parking my GTI opposite an identical one at the gym. The only difference is wheel size. 18s look better to me, but I'm still happy with my choice of the 17s...

Attachments

• Denver vs Detroit.jpg
    Denver vs Detroit.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,865

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Yeah 18's do look awesome - I've ordered my model w/18's but kinda having doubts as I think it'll make me more paranoid about bumps, parking on kerbs and so on :scared0016: . But good idea for the pic ;) Looks kewl having an almost twin facing each other. Down here the chances of meeting another Golf are always high (well at least mk5 - mk6 is still picking up pace but still a substantially enough qty on road for higher probability :) ) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
If we got the 18's from previous years with the grey inserts I would have gotten them, but the machined/black Detroits are ugly to me. As mentioned I'd rather have 17's in the winter anyways.

mortis

Ready to race!
My VW Detroits perform better than Detroit Lions :)

juhaniengelberg

Passed Driver's Ed
More GTI's at the gym... A Mk5 this time. A nice contrasting black vs white duo...

Attachments

• black mk6 vs white mk5.jpg
    black mk6 vs white mk5.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2,947

McQueen77

Banned
I think the 18s w/Detroits look much better, but I bet the 17s feel better, so if I were you, I'd be happy about my choice too

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Honestly when I was getting my gti the first thing I was going to do was replace the rims because I hate the look of the 17in denver wheels, but when I saw the new 2011 models with the 18in detroit wheels I changed my mind. The looks of the new wheels actually look decent imo. I love the way they look when clean and the black accent on the inside parts of the hooves.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
If we still have the option of 17s I probably would've gone with that for 2011 in US....the 18s looks nice but it is much too rough for the roads here....