GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I find I like alcohol less as I get older. Drank heavily in 20's, socially in 30's, almost never drank in 40's and have zero desire to drink in my 50's.

Even I find it weird.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I find I like alcohol less as I get older. Drank heavily in 20's, socially in 30's, almost never drank in 40's and have zero desire to drink in my 50's.

Even I find it weird.
Not weird. Relatively typical.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Of course they are.

You'd figure they would eventually get tired of being on the wrong side of history.
1646462534048.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Of course they are.

You'd figure they would eventually get tired of being on the wrong side of history.
But comments that are pro west are allowed to stay in the thread. Got it.

Who was on the wrong side of history in ww2? Ukraine, Germany, Italy, Croatia or Serbia? That's not even a lifetime ago, when the most heinous war crimes were committed.

cb1111

But comments that are pro west are allowed to stay in the thread. Got it.

Who was on the wrong side of history in ww2? Ukraine, Germany, Italy, Croatia or Serbia? That's not even a lifetime ago, when the most heinous war crimes were committed.
The most heinous war crimes are being committed right now in a very compressed time period. In WWII the majority of crimes were crimes against humanity (and not "in the heat of battle" - with obvious notable exceptions - like in Yugoslavia or what the Russians did following their "liberation" of Austria) but what the Russians are doing now is a clear war crime.

Daks

Autocross Champion
The most heinous war crimes are being committed right now in a very compressed time period. In WWII the majority of crimes were crimes against humanity (and not "in the heat of battle" - with obvious notable exceptions - like in Yugoslavia or what the Russians did following their "liberation" of Austria) but what the Russians are doing now is a clear war crime.
You are saying that what is occurring now in Ukraine is worse than what transpired in ww2?

cb1111

You are saying that what is occurring now in Ukraine is worse than what transpired in ww2?
Starting a war and immediately targeting civilian targets? Yes.

Although how do you define "worse" when both are incomprehensible?

Putil will level Ukraine, but Russia will be transported back to the dark ages.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Starting a war and immediately targeting civilian targets? Yes.

Although how do you define "worse" when both are incomprehensible?
Concentration camps. Torture.

That's how I would define worse.

I want to make this clear, I am not pro war and I find what is happening absolutely terrible. I would have thought that as a human race we would have advanced further in 2022. But I guess some things never change.

cb1111

I want to make this clear, I am not pro war and I find what is happening absolutely terrible. I would have thought that as a human race we would have advanced further in 2022. But I guess some things never change.
So true.

The concentration camps, the medical experiments and so forth weren't war crimes, they were crimes against humanity - a very subtle, but important distinction.

Was the totality of WWII worse? It was far worse. Over the long run, the war crimes were most likely also worse (from what has happened to date), but the intentional targeting of civilian right out of the gate didn't happen in WWII.

Putin is also committing crimes against the Russian people and military.

Remember that the targeting of weapons has improved dramatically.

During WWII, most weapons were aimed by keeping your fingers crossed that they hit the intended target - today, we can put a round through a window from many miles away.

While Russian weaponry isn't nearly as accurate as ours, they still know when they are targeting a hospital, school or residential building.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion

Thank you for taking the high ground and not digging into this subject much.

do we all agree that in the world stage, Russia has taken any nor holds any moral high ground?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
So true.

The concentration camps, the medical experiments and so forth weren't war crimes, they were crimes against humanity - a very subtle, but important distinction.

Was the totality of WWII worse? It was far worse. Over the long run, the war crimes were most likely also worse (from what has happened to date), but the intentional targeting of civilian right out of the gate didn't happen in WWII.

Putin is also committing crimes against the Russian people and military.

Yes. Moving on.

How a bout we discuss Russia’s apparent lack of air assets in the fight?