GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update on 2021 MK8

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Been a long time since I had any need to post re. my 2021 Golf MK8 diesel Style model. As a follow-up, not one error (of which I had so so many) since the 1896 software update last Summer. Three weeks ago the front RHS and last week the rear RHS parking sensors have failed coincidence or what?
Now when the rear sensor failed this week the warning that the front require cleaning keeps popping up all the time when I start the engine - despite none of them being faulty. I assume that will end when the rear sensor is replaced.
Got the 1899 update around three weeks ago and another this week, don't know if they have any effect on the physical sensors, but the infotainment system has rebooted itself several times recently - hope I'm not in for another round of problems!

Last edited:

AndyD

Hi there
Did you ever get your parking sensor errors sorted. I’ve got a fault which I can clear ok but turn engine off and I’m back to square one. My issue was I fitted some focal speakers and the rear parking sensors stopped working - they went mute.
I then retrofitted the Hk sound system and the rear sensors work beautifully but the front ones have now gone mute!
I did read somewhere that the pdc control module in the 21plate has been discontinued and now has a B suffix on the part number

5WA919294B

Does this ring any bells with you?

Been a long time since I had any need to post re. my 2021 Golf MK8 diesel Style model. As a follow-up, not one error (of which I had so so many) since the 1896 software update last Summer. Three weeks ago the front RHS and last week the rear RHS parking sensors have failed coincidence or what?
Now when the rear sensor failed this week the warning that the front require cleaning keeps popping up all the time when I start the engine - despite none of them being faulty. I assume that will end when the rear sensor is replaced.
Got the 1899 update around three weeks ago and another this week, don't know if they have any effect on the physical sensors, but the infotainment system has rebooted itself several times recently - hope I'm not in for another round of problems!
ou ever

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Hi there
Did you ever get your parking sensor errors sorted. I’ve got a fault which I can clear ok but turn engine off and I’m back to square one. My issue was I fitted some focal speakers and the rear parking sensors stopped working - they went mute.
I then retrofitted the Hk sound system and the rear sensors work beautifully but the front ones have now gone mute!
I did read somewhere that the pdc control module in the 21plate has been discontinued and now has a B suffix on the part number

5WA919294B

Does this ring any bells with you?

ou ever
It's a while since I posted that, have had no parking sensor problems since the faulty ones were replaced. Just this week the sensor impaired message has appeared indicating they were dirty. I cleaned them and the message hasn't appeared since. They didn't appear to be dirty so keeping my fingers and everything else crossed in the hope that that this doesn't turn into another software issue - always hope never expect with this particular VW software.
I have an outstanding faulty engine oil level sensor which won't be replaced until near Christmas - dealer says it's a parts delivery date issue which seems a bit extreme.
One further comment - of all the cars I have owned, many of which would be deemed by many as crap cars, this VW Golf Mk8 has been the worst experience ever and ironically it was a model I always wished to own but usually due to poor trade-in value never achieved.
I often wonder if the trade-in deal I got against my last car was made favourable due to what VW knew and what the buyer and maybe the dealers didn't with regard to what was in store for us re. software issues and in my case several faulty parking sensors and now the faulty oil level sensor. Something I probably didn't mention before - from day one windscreen had to be replaced as it was not fitted correctly - a bad omen???

AndyD

It's a while since I posted that, have had no parking sensor problems since the faulty ones were replaced. Just this week the sensor impaired message has appeared indicating they were dirty. I cleaned them and the message hasn't appeared since. They didn't appear to be dirty so keeping my fingers and everything else crossed in the hope that that this doesn't turn into another software issue - always hope never expect with this particular VW software.
I have an outstanding faulty engine oil level sensor which won't be replaced until near Christmas - dealer says it's a parts delivery date issue which seems a bit extreme.
One further comment - of all the cars I have owned, many of which would be deemed by many as crap cars, this VW Golf Mk8 has been the worst experience ever and ironically it was a model I always wished to own but usually due to poor trade-in value never achieved.
I often wonder if the trade-in deal I got against my last car was made favourable due to what VW knew and what the buyer and maybe the dealers didn't with regard to what was in store for us re. software issues and in my case several faulty parking sensors and now the faulty oil level sensor. Something I probably didn't mention before - from day one windscreen had to be replaced as it was not fitted correctly - a bad omen???
Hi there thank you for replying so promptly. I’ve had a few woes and got a case of wine from vw as they had the car for weeks with faults that were just like a game of consequences. Fix one cause another etc. this one is on me though as I’ve put the diy d system in. A symptom of watching too many car programmes during lockdown and not buying a car for 20 years - I had an Audi A3 t sport and put 400k on it. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel and do enjoy driving tge golf but every once in a while I do wish it would just blinkin well behave. It was clearly released onto the market too early

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hi there thank you for replying so promptly. I’ve had a few woes and got a case of wine from vw as they had the car for weeks with faults that were just like a game of consequences. Fix one cause another etc. this one is on me though as I’ve put the diy d system in. A symptom of watching too many car programmes during lockdown and not buying a car for 20 years - I had an Audi A3 t sport and put 400k on it. I can see some light at the end of the tunnel and do enjoy driving the golf but every once in a while I do wish it would just blinkin well behave. It was clearly released onto the market too early
Not only released onto the market too early, but IMHO a big question mark over the competence of VAG’s in-house software development company (Cariad);
  • to build software that’s fit for purpose. From what I’ve read, the software used in the mk8 Golf (and many other current generation vehicles across the various brands within VAG) was Cariad’s first attempt.
  • to develop permanent fixes for the bugs and gremlins in that software.
There’s been of discussion on many VAG forums (not just VW forums) over the past three years of software-related issues…..🤔

LMWT

Go Kart Newbie
Not only released onto the market too early, but IMHO a big question mark over the competence of VAG’s in-house software development company (Cariad);
  • to build software that’s fit for purpose. From what I’ve read, the software used in the mk8 Golf (and many other current generation vehicles across the various brands within VAG) was Cariad’s first attempt.
  • to develop permanent fixes for the bugs and gremlins in that software.
There’s been of discussion on many VAG forums (not just VW forums) over the past three years of software-related issues…..🤔
Have to write.................Reading this we all have been very unfair to Cariad :ROFLMAO: then there's the second article...........

https://cariad.technology/

https://shorturl.at/cgjU3