GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

USA = Freedom? LOL Good one.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
these cop videos make me angry so im not gonna watch the rest of it. that dog shooting vid was enough.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
That is what customs was like for us coming back from Canada on our vacation, we weren't detained but we had to turn the car off, let them search it, answers lots of stupid questions, explain why we were only in Canada to see a comedy show...

I mean I get the need for security, but seriously, canada was literally "Sup" "oh you're here to see a comedy show? Cool." "Have fun guys welcome to canada!"

Shini

Go Kart Champion
these cop videos make me angry so im not gonna watch the rest of it. that dog shooting vid was enough.

Not as bad as that. Just someone being asked to do a lot of stupid shit because he wouldn't roll his window down more when the officer semi-politely asked for him to at a DUI checkpoint.

Dick move on his part to just say no, there's no reason to him to not to want to roll it down, dick move on their part to make him pay for being a "dick"

Happens all day er day with every countries officers...Maybe not Canada doe. Dubessa, if you're a dick to the mounties, are they dicks back to you?

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Not as bad as that. Just someone being asked to do a lot of stupid shit because he wouldn't roll his window down more when the officer semi-politely asked for him to at a DUI checkpoint.

Dick move on his part to just say no, there's no reason to him to not to want to roll it down, dick move on their part to make him pay for being a "dick"

Happens all day er day with every countries officers...Maybe not Canada doe. Dubessa, if you're a dick to the mounties, are they dicks back to you?

The driver also politely said that this is fine, yet the cop took that as a "HOW DARE YOU NOT RESPECT MY AUTHORITAAAAAY"

Shini

Go Kart Champion
The driver also politely said that this is fine, yet the cop took that as a "HOW DARE YOU NOT RESPECT MY AUTHORITAAAAAY"

When you answer that way to a question like that, how else is someone suppose to react? "Why won't he do such a simple thing? Hiding something? Trying to be a dick for no reason to us?"

He didn't say it politely, he said he calmly, I'll give you that. There's not really a nice way to say "No".

"It's fine where it is"? If my wife told me to move something and I responded with "it's fine where it is" I'd be sleeping in the dog house.

There were better ways of saying it. This being recorded, the way he says it, I give it a 50/50 chance he did this looking for trouble.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
When you answer that way to a question like that, how else is someone suppose to react? "Why won't he do such a simple thing? Hiding something? Trying to be a dick for no reason to us?"

He didn't say it politely, he said he calmly, I'll give you that. There's not really a nice way to say "No".

"It's fine where it is"? If my wife told me to move something and I responded with "it's fine where it is" I'd be sleeping in the dog house.

There were better ways of saying it. This being recorded, the way he says it, I give it a 50/50 chance he did this looking for trouble.

agreed, the driver was totally looking for trouble. His remarks on the law were extremely vague and misleading as well. Refusing to put down the window all the way is arguably reasonable suspicion to search, even if this wasn't a DUI checkpoint. But it was, and searching a car at a DUI checkpoint is deemed a reasonable search under the 4th Amendment as long as it's applied neutrally (search every car, every 3rd car, etc.) Consent doesn't come into play in that situation.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion

+1. Driver had every right not to roll down his window, the cops have every right to hassle him and question him for acting like a suspicious twat. The things cops ask you to do are not always legally required for you to comply, but why would you want to start something with a guy/girl who's on a power trip that you suspect of hassling you without just cause? Might as well get out of the situation as quickly as possible by humoring the cop, no matter how "in the right" you are, it's not worth your effort and it's a waste of time. Treat cops like children with loaded guns, you don't want to piss them off. Make them feel like they're respected, because that's all most of them care about at the end of the day.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Driving is a Privilege not a Right..

What if this guy really was "Impaired", Wouldn't you want an investigation done before allowing him to leave the checkpoint?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
*gets popcorn ready*

LOL, we crazy down here

Lets hope he's not driving home.

JoshuaNY

Passed Driver's Ed
Happy 4th of July, a holiday so meaningless.

Just because of 1 cop, I don't think you should belittle a holiday that celebrates the freedom of a country. People fought and died to free this country from tyranny. They fight so you can say things like that. But that's just me.

Merkle

Banned
This country isn't what it use to be.

Im slowly realizing there is no more "American Dream" at least not for me.

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
This country isn't what it use to be.

Im slowly realizing there is no more "American Dream" at least not for me.

Curious as to what you mean by what America used to be and what time period you're talking about. Issues like these if not worse have been going on for a while. I just think that people are starting to become more aware with the recent news that has come to light.