GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Voice control

Deancooper

Hi all,
I'm thinking of adding voice control function to my golf mk8 but at a cost of £249.00 is it worth it?
Let me know your thoughs
Many thanks

airforced

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had a new steering wheel and am on software v1668 and mine has just started listening and talking back to me when it feels like it. The new software (mentioned in another post) may improve matters but at the moment I doubt it is worth £2.49. If it works it would be worth it however.

By the way - is anyone else having their voice control only working when it feels like it?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
It's ok-ish if you like that sort of thing. I've found if you say "hello VW I'm cold", it whacks the temperature up to 24C, I expected a few more degrees but a few mins of 24C and I'd be falling asleep :oops:. Another time on a hot sunny day I mentioned to the VW lady behind the dash "Hello VW, I'm hot", she replaied the tempearture was already set to it's coldest setting, it wasn't - she could have swtitched on the air-con, but didn't and so we 'had words' afterwards ;). Seriously, if my car didn't have VC I wouldn 't miss it as once settings are set, I leave them be once driving and you can change a fair bit of stuff via the steering wheel buttons, so not really worth £249 IMO....

Cobbsy

I am new to VW having driven mostly Citroens. Regarding voice control for £249 do VW have a sale and reduce this price at certain times of the year, or does the price always go up like petrol and food at the moment? Should I wait if I was thinking of buying it?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I am new to VW having driven mostly Citroens. Regarding voice control for £249 do VW have a sale and reduce this price at certain times of the year, or does the price always go up like petrol and food at the moment? Should I wait if I was thinking of buying it?
I’ve owned VW’s for nearly 20 years and I’m not aware of VW ever having a sale on extra cost features such as this.