GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

GSXR

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/14/volkswagen-crossblue-detroit-2013/

Interesting concept from VW. I assume it's a concept but it's fairly complete. I expect this to be a 2014 release sometime later this year. I like the specs 2.0L TDI combined hybrid to make 305hp. With a 0-60 time of 7.2 sec, which seems a little slow, it is probably not light. The transmission is a 6sp DSG. Nice. It strangely is a 6 seater which I'm surprised VW went down this road. I would've expected a 7 seater.

This is very close to what I'm looking for in a SUV/CUV. I'll definitely consider trading my wife's SUV for this one in a year or two. Price this below the Touareg at around 35k (base)- 50k loaded, and I'm sold.

Last edited:

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Like the new Passat and Jetta...It doesn't look Germen enough. Reminds me of the Honda Pilot Concept from a couple of years ago, only the VW has LED lights

GSXR

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup, it's definitely no Corvette. It's a box on wheels but I like the powertrain. Tough call. Hopefully, they improve the looks a bit before they release it. I just got excited by the TDI hybrid and DSG.

C4L

Banned
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/14/volkswagen-crossblue-detroit-2013/

Interesting concept from VW. I assume it's a concept but it's fairly complete. I expect this to be a 2014 release sometime later this year. I like the specs 2.0L TDI combined hybrid to make 305hp. With a 0-60 time of 7.2 sec, which seems a little slow, it is probably not light. The transmission is a 6sp DSG. Nice. It strangely is a 6 seater which I'm surprised VW went down this road. I would've expected a 7 seater.

This is very close to what I'm looking for in a SUV/CUV. I'll definitely consider trading my wife's SUV for this one in a year or two. Price this below the Touareg at around 35k (base)- 50k loaded, and I'm sold.

Some things that have been confirmed or for clarification;
- It will go on sale later this year
- 7.2 seconds would actually put it towards the front of the full-size CUV/SUV pack in terms of performance. Especially for what I presume will be among the most fuel efficient as well. Don't forget that VW 'claims' the GTI requires 6.9 sec. to perform the feat. 6.6 sec. for the Golf R. This is likely conservative as well. "Under Promise, Over Deliver"
- It will be 7 seats, 6 is shown just for the near-production concept. It will be appx. 196" in length which is about the same size as an Explorer or Pathfinder but larger than a Highlander/Pilot/CX9 and smaller than a Durango/Traverse.

And my opinion is that it looks pretty good for what it is. Many of the others in this segment look like minivans to me or slightly lifted wagons. This looks like a proper SUV and less like a CUV to me. I say good work.

And with anticipated pricing in the $35k-$45k range, I could be a prospective buyer soon.:)

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Some things that have been confirmed or for clarification;
- It will go on sale later this year
- 7.2 seconds would actually put it towards the front of the full-size CUV/SUV pack in terms of performance. Especially for what I presume will be among the most fuel efficient as well. Don't forget that VW 'claims' the GTI requires 6.9 sec. to perform the feat. 6.6 sec. for the Golf R. This is likely conservative as well. "Under Promise, Over Deliver"
- It will be 7 seats, 6 is shown just for the near-production concept. It will be appx. 196" in length which is about the same size as an Explorer or Pathfinder but larger than a Highlander/Pilot/CX9 and smaller than a Durango/Traverse.

And my opinion is that it looks pretty good for what it is. Many of the others in this segment look like minivans to me or slightly lifted wagons. This looks like a proper SUV and less like a CUV to me. I say good work.

And with anticipated pricing in the $35k-$45k range, I could be a prospective buyer soon.:)

Found an article that says it will go on sale in 2015.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130114/DETROIT/130119921

It's interesting in the article above that it says, "Volkswagen computer simulations point to a 0-to-60-mph time of 7.2 seconds...".

Is that how VW comes up with their specs? That computer simulation must have some "Under Promise" algorithm implemented into it :).

Last edited:

walker

Go Kart Newbie
diesel hybrid :confused:

C4L

Banned
Found an article that says it will go on sale in 2015.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130114/DETROIT/130119921

It's interesting in the article above that it says, "Volkswagen computer simulations point to a 0-to-60-mph time of 7.2 seconds...".

Is that how VW comes up with their specs? That computer simulation must have some "Under Promise" algorithm implemented into it :).

The production version will be unveiled at the New York Auto show in a few months and will go on sale as a 2014 model in Q3 2013 from what I have heard.

And most mfr. do this with their performance estimates. Its really not very important to the mfr. but is for some reason a selling point to customers.