GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vs C8 Corvette

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Looks like the LT2 can get 30hp from E85, so I spoke too soon.
Camarro doesn’t have provisions for wideband. Still on narrow band. Also no built in flex fuel stuff either. On hptuners it’s easier to tune a camarro for 100 octane instead of e30 (as an example)

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Thanks for the share and nice lines, OP. Looks like you have your GTI dialed in. Glad to see you got to linger in the C8 driver's rearview mirror in a ride that is less than half the cost. Did you get to talk with the C8 owner afterwards?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Okay okay, this isn’t a roll race, but I had a fun battle with a C8 Corvette at Laguna Seca this past weekend. Please excuse the audio.

Great driving. You are obviously more skilled than the C8 driver. Had you bend driving the C8 you would have blown away your own car.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Would that really help? Naturally aspirated cars don't generally benefit from ECU mods. The one place the LTx has really seen gains is in headers, which the stock ECU seems capable of adapting to.

Camarro doesn’t have provisions for wideband. Still on narrow band. Also no built in flex fuel stuff either. On hptuners it’s easier to tune a camarro for 100 octane instead of e30 (as an example)
While tuning an NA car will never net the results of a FI car can, there are gains and drivability to be obtained by it. Gen6 Camaro's can gain from E85 tuning as well. With the new DI LT engines the gains are substantial compared with the LS, my Gen5 Camaro went from 382rwhp baseline to 445rwhp with bolt ons, while the LT can go up to 480+, same engine size and displacement.

The problem now is that the newer cars are getting harder to tune, with the E99 ECU in the LT2 C8 being impossible to crack at this moment. Even Lingenfelter is waiting on HPTuners or GM to release a key to be able to take their C8 where they want to take it. HPTuners released the E99 open ECU for the C7 ZR1, at a $2000 cost for an ECU in 2019, in addition to the cost to tune. This means that something similar could be in the works for the C8.

Thread from Camaro6, full bolt-on Gen6 Camaro +100rwhp from baseline. I think that the benefit from a 93 octane tune to E85 is around 20rwhp. There are at least 3 (that I know) E85 kits for the Camaro.
Found the video for the 93-E85 tune, 22/20 at the wheels.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
While tuning an NA car will never net the results of a FI car can, there are gains and drivability to be obtained by it. Gen6 Camaro's can gain from E85 tuning as well. With the new DI LT engines the gains are substantial compared with the LS, my Gen5 Camaro went from 382rwhp baseline to 445rwhp with bolt ons, while the LT can go up to 480+, same engine size and displacement.

The problem now is that the newer cars are getting harder to tune, with the E99 ECU in the LT2 C8 being impossible to crack at this moment. Even Lingenfelter is waiting on HPTuners or GM to release a key to be able to take their C8 where they want to take it. HPTuners released the E99 open ECU for the C7 ZR1, at a $2000 cost for an ECU in 2019, in addition to the cost to tune. This means that something similar could be in the works for the C8.

Thread from Camaro6, full bolt-on Gen6 Camaro +100rwhp from baseline. I think that the benefit from a 93 octane tune to E85 is around 20rwhp. There are at least 3 (that I know) E85 kits for the Camaro.
Found the video for the 93-E85 tune, 22/20 at the wheels.

Dope. Still easier to tune you on 100 octane 😂

hell I’d be able to tune a camarro on 100 octane on the street. I couldn’t do that with e85 mixes

where as the 2nd gen coyote can be tuned on the street, in the air, upside down.

as far as the c8. I don’t think that’s gonna happen for a long while. Apparently gm didn’t leave any back doors open

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
GM is just covering their asses right now with all the EPA crap going on... and the fact that they decided to move to "over the air" updates in 2019 has made tuning harder. With the new system in the C8 GM installed a harder encryption/firewall system, which is why there is no way to break into it yet.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
GM is just covering their asses right now with all the EPA crap going on... and the fact that they decided to move to "over the air" updates in 2019 has made tuning harder. With the new system in the C8 GM installed a harder encryption/firewall system, which is why there is no way to break into it yet.
It was bound to happen. I’m shocked Ford hasn’t moved to this yet

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
It was bound to happen. I’m shocked Ford hasn’t moved to this yet
My 22 Aviator scheduled to be built Sep. 6th will from what I am told. Need to see if Ford has a tune for the TT 3.0.

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
JB4 Map 1, EQT coilovers, RSB, Macan BBK, 255/35/18s all around. Build thread has the full list but that’s the main stuff.

Nice setup and driving(y) Looks like a lot of fun!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Okay okay, this isn’t a roll race, but I had a fun battle with a C8 Corvette at Laguna Seca this past weekend. Please excuse the audio.

If it isn't a roll race, it doesn't count. Forum rules. Lol.

Jk, looked fun, good driving.