GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW and Audi Leaving my Town :-(

Buferd

Ready to race!
I swung by my local VW / Audi Dealership today (the only one within about 3 hours of my area) and noticed tons of cars were gone including the GTI I had been eyeballing. Turns out that VW and Audi pulled their dealership because of the market. That really sucks for new owners of VW and Audi that bought from them because now if they want any warranty work done (including the 3 years free maintenance from a new VW) you have to drive almost 3 hours away to get it. Have any of you seen this happen around your areas?

Court Documents for What Happened

Last edited:

Buferd

Ready to race!
Main Sales Guy said that they are "Re-Assessing" smaller markets and that VW might consider coming back but Audi is defiantly not coming back. Kinda puts a hinder on my decision to get a GTI.... Knowing me though I will order one and just hope I don't have to get any warranty work done. Although that is a bummer I won't be able to use free oil changes and such unless I want to drive a stupid distance (which then defeats the purpose)

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I swung by my local VW / Audi Dealership today (the only one within about 3 hours of my area) and noticed tons of cars were gone including the GTI I had been eyeballing. Turns out that VW and Audi pulled their dealership because of the market. That really sucks for new owners of VW and Audi that bought from them because now if they want any warranty work done (including the 3 years free maintenance from a new VW) you have to drive almost 3 hours away to get it. Have any of you seen this happen around your areas?

Damn. Where do you live?

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
NJ has more VW/Audi dealers than I can count. I have the pick of Princeton and Flemington both ~15-20 mins.

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
For a market as big as we are (OKC~1.2million) I'm surprised we only have two VW dealers and one Audi dealer. Surprisingly enough there is only one Mini dealer in all of Oklahoma, so I guess it could be worse.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Damn, that blows. There are 3 VW dealers in the Sac region.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
So much for aggressively growing the brand and sales to become the largest automobile manufacturer in the world.

Buferd

Ready to race!
Sounds like it's time to move to a more prosperous market.

HAHA! Yeah and I seriously almost got a GTI they had last weekend! I would have been PISSSSSSSSED! I am still going to get one but the 3 years free maintenance was a big selling point. So now I'll just have to do it my self cause there is no point in driving 6 hours round trip to get a $50 oil change for "Free"

Buferd

Ready to race!
So much for aggressively growing the brand and sales to become the largest automobile manufacturer in the world.

I actually have to say that [Dealership] brand name doesn't have the best reputation around here. Actually the Subaru dealership under the same name was so horrible that I drove 8 hours round trip to buy my WRX. So it wouldn't surprise me if VW / Audi just got fed up with un-happy customers from that dealership chain and decided to pull out.