GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW announces 2013 Model Line-up and changes...

CFG9000

Ready to race!
I think you might change your mind after seeing a couple well executed interiors that now focus more on creating a "cockpit" feeling for the driver, where everything is angled towards the person driving the car. The new BMW 5 series does it very well, and that Seat looks great to me.

Oh, there's definitely some nice ones out there. I see their appeal a bit more in larger cars like the 5-series. In compact cars, I think they can sometimes create an unintentional cramped/claustrophobic effect.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Oh, there's definitely some nice ones out there. I see their appeal a bit more in larger cars like the 5-series. In compact cars, I think they can sometimes create an unintentional cramped/claustrophobic effect.

Touche, I see what you mean with an already small interior.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
The new 1.8T will be build in Mexico so it shouldn't cost dramatically more than the 2.0.

An industry insider on another forums posted with confidence that the Jetta has the highest profit margin in the compact car class. If that is true then VW can afford to drop margins a little to allow a better base engine.

From sitting/driving in a new Jetta I can say with confidence that it's very easy to see/feel/hear where that profit margin comes from. Poor materials, narrower cabin, and pedestrian ride quality.

With the MQB platform being introduced it would make sense to streamline the engines as well.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully they'll look like this projector setup.

that picture could definitely bring back the mk1 and mk2 jetta

16plus4v

Ready to race!
We all have the button... but it doesn't fully turn off ECS at all like on the MKV.

There's two stages. Press once and it disengages the TCS, press and hold for 3 seconds and it disengages both the TCS and the ESC. Maybe this is only for Canadian models?

I remember my buddy's talking about this with the R. That the US models can't turn it off with the push of a button, whereas the models sold here you can.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Man if the regular golf had the 1.8T engine I would have bought it instead of the gti. Then again it probably wouldn't come with dsg. So I guess the manual folks win here.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Even when ESC is disabled on the dash, it will activate if you press the brakes while you're sliding to try to save your ass. No brakes, no ESC intervention.