GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Car Sales

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
2022 to date - VW car sales in Ireland down 37%, Golf down 83%, wondering why? Once No1, now in 3rd place - Toyota and Hyundai lead.

https://stats.beepbeep.ie/

Automatics apparently outsold manuals, hybrids outsold diesels and are attacking petrols, Germans are down across the board … probably a combination of loss of interest in diesels and chip crunch apparently hitting Germans worse. Auto industry is changing rapidly. For example Octavia is down 22 percent, and the new model is generally considered a huge improvement over older models.

For the Golf, I heard from one salesman that he looses 8/10 older customers when they see the digital dashboard alone …

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
... and in case, there is no wind and sun in Germany, they vehemently import coal based electricity from Poland. How else they would charge EVs?
Oil industry is changing as well, they will not offer MV fuel, but they will rather refine higher and convert into other materials. On one hand side, we consume more and more energy and live FMCG lifestyle, screaming of "green". For me, sustainable means same or less as yesterday, not pink to green.
But how am I to judge...