GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW R400

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Holy crap... CONFIRMED: VW’s Burly-Ass, 395-hp Golf R 400 Concept Will Be Built!

I'd guess $40k-45K+ base if it made it to the US, but I seriously don't think it will.

Holy mother of god. VW just got cool again (if they do indeed build it). Even if they are a bit racist for not bringing it to the US.

We also learned that the engine hasn’t been changed much from the version rated at 290 horsepower in the*U.S.-spec Golf R, having only received mild revisions in the interest of withstanding more boost. The basic engine architecture hasn’t been altered. “We haven’t reverted to cast iron and made it into an EA113 again. The EA888 can handle it,” another VW executive told us.

butchered by autocorrecr

krische

vdubber in training
We also learned that the engine hasn’t been changed much from the version rated at 290 horsepower in the*U.S.-spec Golf R, having only received mild revisions in the interest of withstanding more boost. The basic engine architecture hasn’t been altered. “We haven’t reverted to cast iron and made it into an EA113 again. The EA888 can handle it,” another VW executive told us.

So does that mean the turbo is the same as the Golf R? And thus just some intake and exhaust mods on a Golf R will get close to 400hp? If so :icon_secta:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Surprised no one mentioned the dual center exhaust made a reappearance :D

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
dude... if you are going to get up close and personal with the tail pipes, better make it worth it!

Appogee

Ready to race!
Dem center exhausts be sexy.

I wish I could justify buying something like this if it ever came to the US. Too bad it'll probably be in the I'd rather buy a Porsche/Audi equivalent cost range. :(