GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to Trade CW 2011 GTI Autobahn 6MT for DSG GTI

AlenSubasic

Ready to race!
CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED

As the title says, I am not liking the 6 speed in my GTI...

I had a Mazdaspeed6 before this car which was also a 6 speed manual.

There just isnt much feel while shifting, I think they made it this way on purpose for people to learn how to drive manual on these cars. I would rather have an automatic instead. I am thinking of calling my dealer to see about trading it in for a DSG GTI if they have any or find someone who wants a manual instead of a DSG.

Last edited:

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
get a short shifter (HPA or S3,) 42 Draft Design bushings, Dogbone mount or insert, Tyrol Sport Shifter bracket mounts.
or do Diesel Geek Sigma 6, dogbone and TyrolSport Shifter bracket.

dont give up be a man!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
get a short shifter (HPA or S3,) 42 Draft Design bushings, Dogbone mount or insert, Tyrol Sport Shifter bracket mounts.

dont give up be a man!

This :lol:

You'd lose thousand$ in the switch. Maybe hundred$ if you go from used to used.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I've been thinking about this for a long time. Haven't got the balls to do it. The tiny, womanly balls, that is. :D :laugh:

It's definitely appealing, though. The mileage is much better. Much easier to milk every drop of gas. It's considerably faster, too, especially with mods.

Last edited:

manny2206

Ready to race!

dont give up be a man!

Question, doesn't the dogbone create a lot of vibration when in reverse?

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Question, doesn't the dogbone create a lot of vibration when in reverse?

yes. you will feel a increase from the stock mount.
i have the HPA 75a (red puck). i cant say for other dogbones or inserts.. but i did feel an increase in vibration. its tollerable. when the A/C is on.. it will vibrate more. its more of a personal preference. for me.. its a 5/10

but honestly.. how far are you reversing? only person i know that goes farther than 20 ft is Jason Stethem

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I've been thinking about this for a long time. Haven't got the balls to do it. The tiny, womanly balls, that is. :D :laugh:

It's definitely appealing, though. The mileage is much better. Much easier to milk every drop of gas. It's considerably faster, too, especially with mods.

It seems like real world mileage is about the same between the two.

I get great mileage (27+) all the time in my MANual GTI and I'm going mostly in town driving.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
yea i get great mileage as well. i think its stated 2 mpg more than manual transmissions.
but on the highway.. i get like 33-36. cruise control son!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I think the OP went to go grab some gears on the backroads and remember how much he likes driving the 6 speed :w00t:

manny2206

Ready to race!
yes. you will feel a increase from the stock mount.
i have the HPA 75a (red puck). i cant say for other dogbones or inserts.. but i did feel an increase in vibration. its tollerable. when the A/C is on.. it will vibrate more. its more of a personal preference. for me.. its a 5/10

but honestly.. how far are you reversing? only person i know that goes farther than 20 ft is Jason Stethem

True, I saw the HPA interlock mount, only bad thing is you have to cut the older dog mount.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
True, I saw the HPA interlock mount, only bad thing is you have to cut the older dog mount.

yea.. i was lucky, my car is still new. came out no prob.
i also cut mine.. once i did that, no turning back. your fully commited