GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Watch Out for This

Lucidity

Marx
Well GM just released its numbers for the new turbo'd Cobalt SS.
It's putting out 260 hp (keep in mind GM's numbers tend to be pretty conservative) and has Brembo Brakes. All for under 23k.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-prices-turbo-cobalt-ss.html

I know most of you guys will say it is crap compared to ours with our lux interior, but the build quality on these is actually really nice. I looked over one extensively at the auto show, and even after countless people messing around with it, everything was still intact. Which is something hard to say for a lot of even the higher end cars I looked at.

Needless to say these will be pretty good sleeper cars now that the big wing is an option.

BOz

Keep right except to pass
That thing looks pretty good.

but i havent driven it

Lucidity

Marx

jabtsi

Ready to race!
:thumbdown: :barf:

hard for me to get into something with an engine called "ecotec" - GM needs to hire some new marketers. and what is it with so many yellow cobalts? - looks whack.

Lucidity

Marx
looks like a civic to me.:barf:

I actually think it has more personality than a civic, but then again I really can't stand civics, they are everywhere, and I really don't get why people love them. I'd buy a rabbit or a focus (too bad no hatch anymore, but the Sync system is just so sweet) before I would think about getting a civic, even if it were to last twice as long.

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
God so horrible, I mean the power sounds great but not only does it look horrible, and is made by one of the big 3, but it always seems that all the cobalts ss or not if they are moded they are the most horrendous looking things in the world and riced. Granted they are probably not like that everwhere but the ones that I see are, In fact there are 2 red cobalt ss at my uni that are so hardcore riced out by the chachiest white guys you have ever seen. They bolth almost look exactly the same except the one has a shogun style body kit yuck!

julito04

I plead the fif.
interior is not half bad at all. i think in black, lowered, debadged and no spoiler that it wouldnt look bad at all. the engine(from the looks of it) seems to be easy to work on also. watch out, these things are going to be EVERYWHERE

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
interior is still suspect, but man you can't beat 260 hp for $23k. i'll still keep my slow gti though.

x2...

My GF has a regular cobalt, my brothers GF has an SS cobalt.. interior leaves A LOT to be desired.. but you can't beat the performance to $$ ratio.. (maybe the new SRT4 would pull close)

ChadNH

Ready to race!
Anyone know what brand/size turbo comes on this SS stock? Chip+exhaust could bring it well in to 300+ hp range.