GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went for 3 test drives yesterday - Genesis, CTS, A4

My dad is getting ready to get a new ride soon so we've been checking out some cars. I got a chance to drive each of these for about 15 minutes yesterday since my dad wants my input.

The Genesis is a lot of car for $35,000. When you're driving it, you can't believe it's a Hyundai. It feels like a Lexus. There is so much headroom and legroom that it's like you're driving or sitting in a BMW 7 series. It drives like you'd expect a luxury car to drive. You don't hear anything outside the car (we were even next to two Harley's on the freeway and you could barely hear them with the radio off), you don't feel any bumps or road imperfections, etc. It was a very floaty, cushy ride. Not my favorite, but for a 55 year old it was very appealing. Overall, it was a pretty sweet car. Oh and we test drove the one with the smaller engine, like 280 hp or something.

The CTS was my favorite by far. It was also the base engine and suspension setup but that's all you really need. The car was sweet. Quick, nice exhaust note but still very quiet on the inside, sporty ride, beautifully appointed interior. Not much room in the back but it's fine for 4 people on a short ride. I can definitely understand why the newer models have won so many awards. The car is sick.

Audi A4 was by far the most disapponting of all, to me and to my dad. Interior was spartan (we both agreed that my GLI interior is much nicer and sportier), exterior looks are bland (hence the total redesign coming out in a couple months), and overall just somewhere in the middle of the other two cars between sport and comfort feel. It was an '08 which all have the S-line package or whatever it's called. Suffice to say, neither of us were that impressed but we'll be back to test drive the '09 A4 w/ Quattro as soon as it hits the lots.

He's also interested in test driving the Acura TL, a loaded new 290 hp Nissan Maxima, and a loaded 268 hp Accord. We'll see. I have a feeling he will end up with a CTS, which is fine by me.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
I only hear great things about that new Genesis luxury sedan. And you confirmed a number of them.