GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What car did you pass your driving test in?

NickN

Passed Driver's Ed
A 94 Vauxhall Nova 1.5 TD LS 3 door. Not a terrible car in its day and have to say was quite a fast car to learn in back in the late 90's in the UK.

My mum's car was a 1990 Nova, same spec, and wow, it certainly gave a few racers a surprise run for their money getting away from traffic lights, especially at the time where fast diesels were much rarer.

My driving test pass car was a Peugeot 106, diesel.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
My mum's car was a 1990 Nova, same spec, and wow, it certainly gave a few racers a surprise run for their money getting away from traffic lights, especially at the time where fast diesels were much rarer.

My driving test pass car was a Peugeot 106, diesel.

Yeah at the time they were rather good...they didnt drive particularly well even then but it was a whole lot of engine to have in a Nova!

I gather people have done 1.7 transplants and with a bit of tuning they make 130hp quite easily :-S

My mates SR was mental, he did a full top end rebuild on it and remember afterwards it was a fair bit quicker all round....it had a magnex exhaust and K&N from what i remember so would be surprised if it werent pushing 80-odd hp (up from the stock 70). It would rev quite happily to 7k RPM (carb fed no limiter of course) and it kept alot of things honest. He sold it to make way for a new Mk1 Corsa SXI (again way flasher than anything me and our other mates were driving) and the young lad that bought it wrote it off within weeks haha.

Heresy

Ready to race!
1979 Volvo 245 DL wagon.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
My dads 98 s70 which he still drives today. Drivers Ed car was a 550i. That thing was amazing.

Last edited:

AntGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
1991 Renault Clio 1.4 RT. I absolutely HATED that car but it was only three years old and I was a little pressured to buy something newer as it would be more reliable. Had I known what I do now I would never have bought the damn thing.

My first and only non German car in over 20 years of motoring.

EXEA189

Ready to race!
1973 Plymouth Gold Duster - It's what the driving school in Western Massachusetts used! I can still remember my driving instructor : Mr. Mellow!

Attachments

• 73 Gold Duster Top.jpg
    73 Gold Duster Top.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited: