GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did everyone go to school for?

messrock

Autocross Champion
I got an associate’s degree in Audio Engineering/Sound Recording. I’m a QA/Engineering manager at a software developer now.

Quite the pivot.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Tried college a few times, started with Criminal Justice looking for a career at the FBI (back in the 90s lol), ended up with an Associates Degree in Computer Networking and just recently got my CCNA certification, currently studying PenTesting on my own.

I currently work as a Production Manager in an auto body repair shop because I have much too expensive taste's to be able to take the pay cut to move into full time IT.

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Out of HS I was still pretty unsure of my career path. Started off as a psych major, then after a year switched to education. That didn't stick either, and I ended up working at an auto parts store while still going to college.

I guess I must have liked it, because 20+ years later I'm a parts manager at a dealership. Never finished college either.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Went for computer science at a state university. Learned basically nothing that I didn't know already. Work as a devops engineer now, got my foot in the door with experience from home labbing. Real passion is still programming though, so I just work on a side project that may hopefully make some money when I should be doing actual work.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
I went to a tech school for automotive.

Guidance Counselor said I shouldn't go to college so I didn't.

I should have.
I didn't go back until I was 26 and graduated at 31 while working full time. If I can do it anyone can.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Computer science, cyber security, and technology instruction. All associates because I can’t commit to anything.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Computer science, cyber security, and technology instruction. All associates because I can’t commit to anything.
At the end of the day they all drove real world experience, that has the biggest impact over learning some jack in the box coding practices.

2 of the best automation engineers I ever hired were self taught. I had to fight to hire both and they both turned into leaders on my team.

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Started with going for a degree in art, ended up doing design tech and mechanical engineering/drafting. Been a CAD operator almost ever since.

cb1111

Political Science major with an IT minor. The university didn't have any computers so they rented time on the IBM 370 at the International Atomic Energy Agency on the other side of town.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Just started MT second you'd of college. Industrial systems engineering with an engineering focused MBA on top. Free school, why not go after the good jobs, right?

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Marine Engineering Technology. Took me five years because I'm not a particularly smart guy. Glad it's done.