GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Ceramic coating is done. It has to dry overnight before I can take it out for pics. I'll get the shoes put on in the next couple weeks :D

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Ceramic coating is done. It has to dry overnight before I can take it out for pics. I'll get the shoes put on in the next couple weeks :D

That is purdy!!! Man I really need to lower my car and tint the windows. Got to love those Detroits, such a classic look.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Looks good! Which coating did they use on it? I assume they also did a "correction"?
Yep. The dude spent 8 hours here today working on it. Washed, clay bar, paint correction and 2 layers of ceramic. On the car and on my new rims. He used IGL costing, which is gaining a pretty good following.
That is purdy!!! Man I really need to lower my car and tint the windows. Got to love those Detroits, such a classic look.
Get it done man! The detroits will be gone in a few weeks though :(

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yep. The dude spent 8 hours here today working on it. Washed, clay bar, paint correction and 2 layers of ceramic. On the car and on my new rims. He used IGL costing, which is gaining a pretty good following.

Get it done man! The detroits will be gone in a few weeks though :(

Nice yea I've heard of it. I usually heard not to wash the car for about a week. Just wait until the first time you drive it in the rain. It'll still look freshly washed unless you run through a bunch of dirt/mud. I used Kamikaze on mine seems to be alright so far, not really a ceramic tho.

I ordered Hella cherry LED tails, might be a few weeks until I get them. Also, boost gauge is coming in tomorrow.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Nice yea I've heard of it. I usually heard not to wash the car for about a week. Just wait until the first time you drive it in the rain. It'll still look freshly washed unless you run through a bunch of dirt/mud. I used Kamikaze on mine seems to be alright so far, not really a ceramic tho.

I ordered Hella cherry LED tails, might be a few weeks until I get them. Also, boost gauge is coming in tomorrow.
Ha! Living in Seattle I'm sure I'll get plenty of opportunities to drive it in the rain. This winter has been awful!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Well I got my boost gauge in today. I need to get a boost tap... guess I just didn't get around to ordering one since they are somewhat expensive relative to what you get. I don't plan on running meth or anything in the future. Should I get one with a multi port option or single is fine? Can't really think of anything else I would use it for...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Well I got my boost gauge in today. I need to get a boost tap... guess I just didn't get around to ordering one since they are somewhat expensive relative to what you get. I don't plan on running meth or anything in the future. Should I get one with a multi port option or single is fine? Can't really think of anything else I would use it for...
Go for a multi...you may change your mind on wanting water/meth in the future. It's awesome ?

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Just from a keeping the valves clean perspective meth is nice. I don't have it but it will be added. You have that TX heat, the car would love some meth ?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Decided to park it next to this vw?
Guy almost drove it onto the curb.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_124410.jpg
    IMG_20200201_124410.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20200201_124205.jpg
    IMG_20200201_124205.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
This makes me glad I got a 6 and not a 7
? You made the right decision, I wouldn't be opposed to having a mk7.5 along with the Mk6.
My Mk6 is definitely staying with me for a long time/forever. 6 years of ownership and still enjoy driving it every day?. One of the best impulse buys I did ?.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
The 7 is just a 6 with sharper lines and a plastic oil pan ;)

torga

Autocross Champion
The 7 is just a 6 with sharper lines and a plastic oil pan ;)
Nah, the 6 is just a 5 with sexier looks.
The 7 is just a 6 with a much better engine. Won't stop me from enjoying my 6 for years to come, though.