GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Yeah this seems like the relevant link since he's in dallas

https://dallas.iwatch911.us/

Maybe you think it's cool to be driving 110 mph on residential streets but I don't. You can literally see other drivers on the road and people's houses and mail boxes, lol fuck this dude. Gonna kill somebody for forum cool points
Hey cock face, dont like roll races don't watch! See how that works? Report it to whoever the fuck you want, not too worried about it.
I think if there are no cars in front the let her rip tater chip.
Suck it easy!

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Cause you've never gone over the speed limit ever right? Take a step down from the pedestal.
I've never raced 110 mph past people's mailboxes. And you sure seem to be defending this behavior. I don't know how you could interpret it otherwise...

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Hey cock face, dont like roll races don't watch! See how that works? Report it to whoever the fuck you want, not too worried about it.
I think if there are no cars in front the let her rip tater chip.
Suck it easy!
Great attitude broski I hope you choke on your vape pen and die before you kill someone's family trying to look cool for the IG

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
@Allchokedup ridin dirty on that registration lol?

There are far worse offenders in the DFW area imo. I know a guy that’s about 60 with a Camaro that only street races. He’s never made a full pass at the track and it’s never been on a dyno. He keeps his laptop in the car and tunes/logs it himself. It’s got a built motor, blower and all the nitrous.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I’m not advocating for street racing, but I really don’t think it’s the end of the world. It’s not like they’re weaving baskets through traffic here...

Flat ground, no traffic (on their side), high visibility area and he maintained his lane. It could’ve been worse, also TX is an extremely forgiving state for speeding. Imo there’s other places to let off this kinda anger. Let’s keep the forums on good vibes

Timothy Bryce

Ready to race!
Copied this over from the engine thread:-
Ok, so today I had my 1000 mile engine inspection and oil change and got a clean bill of health.
So then had the Scorpion / Revo downpipe fitted and 98RON Revo stage 2 map loaded up.
Got a discount on the DP and Stage 2 for having both at the same time and the garage didn't even charge for fitting so all good.
-
Wasn't expecting to notice much of a change but the engine really does feel like it breathes a lot easier now. Strangely at idle, it sounds quieter than with the stock pipe. Did about 100 miles of motorway driving and the DP only really adds volume when you're really kicking it.
I will say, and I know it's a total cliche but for me, this is totally how the car should have been from the factory. I'm actually finding stage 2 a lot smoother and more linear than stage 1. The power delivery is very consistent all the way through the rev range. I guess it depends on the brand but I went with Revo as I have local support for them.
I'd read that stage 1 feels more factory and stage 2 should feel more 'modified' but my experience is the opposite.
Overall very happy.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
@Allchokedup ridin dirty on that registration lol?

There are far worse offenders in the DFW area imo. I know a guy that’s about 60 with a Camaro that only street races. He’s never made a full pass at the track and it’s never been on a dyno. He keeps his laptop in the car and tunes/logs it himself. It’s got a built motor, blower and all the nitrous.
Yea, need to get that done. I have made it 2 years so I guess its time!
I mean, the speed limit was 75 so I was doing roughly 30 over. Its not a Mustang, not going to lose control from a 40 roll.
Props to pops running that Merican muscle

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Copied this over from the engine thread:-
Ok, so today I had my 1000 mile engine inspection and oil change and got a clean bill of health.
So then had the Scorpion / Revo downpipe fitted and 98RON Revo stage 2 map loaded up.
Got a discount on the DP and Stage 2 for having both at the same time and the garage didn't even charge for fitting so all good.
-
Wasn't expecting to notice much of a change but the engine really does feel like it breathes a lot easier now. Strangely at idle, it sounds quieter than with the stock pipe. Did about 100 miles of motorway driving and the DP only really adds volume when you're really kicking it.
I will say, and I know it's a total cliche but for me, this is totally how the car should have been from the factory. I'm actually finding stage 2 a lot smoother and more linear than stage 1. The power delivery is very consistent all the way through the rev range. I guess it depends on the brand but I went with Revo as I have local support for them.
I'd read that stage 1 feels more factory and stage 2 should feel more 'modified' but my experience is the opposite.
Overall very happy.

Stage 2 is hella fun, enjoy it!! Time to save up for K04 :p

Yea, need to get that done. I have made it 2 years so I guess its time!
I mean, the speed limit was 75 so I was doing roughly 30 over. Its not a Mustang, not going to lose control from a 40 roll.
Props to pops running that Merican muscle

2 years!!! 75MPH speed limit :love:. Only in Texas :LOL:.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 is hella fun, enjoy it!! Time to save up for K04 :p

2 years!!! 75MPH speed limit :love:. Only in Texas :LOL:.
The best is when you get real rural. Those TX 80MPH speed limits are 👌

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Just in update on the whole ecu and flash attempt from yesterday. Great news is that I was able to recover the ECU. I'm presuming that this was a soft brick of some sort
IE support said that the voltage needs to be at 12.6v when flashing the tune. I was at 11.6
Would have been nice to have an alert about the recommended flashing voltage in the program.

I asked for clarification on wether the lower voltage caused the original flash attempt to fail. I'll update when I hear back.

I'm a bit nervous to try the flash again to be honest. But at this point I'm glad that the car is working again, even if it's a stock tune.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Just in update on the whole ecu and flash attempt from yesterday. Great news is that I was able to recover the ECU. I'm presuming that this was a soft brick of some sort
IE support said that the voltage needs to be at 12.6v when flashing the tune. I was at 11.6
Would have been nice to have an alert about the recommended flashing voltage in the program.

I asked for clarification on wether the lower voltage caused the original flash attempt to fail. I'll update when I hear back.

I'm a bit nervous to try the flash again to be honest. But at this point I'm glad that the car is working again, even if it's a stock tune.

At the stealer we’d disconnect fans and always use a charger. You could save it from boot loader mode but it was a pita. Later, they changed the equipment so that it wouldn’t proceed with flashing unless voltage was correct. This was a whole other problem bc I felt like the diagnostic unit read lower voltage on purpose

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
how long does the IE flash take? my Cobb AP hardly does a thing to the battery when i flash.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
At the stealer we’d disconnect fans and always use a charger. You could save it from boot loader mode but it was a pita. Later, they changed the equipment so that it wouldn’t proceed with flashing unless voltage was correct. This was a whole other problem bc I felt like the diagnostic unit read lower voltage on purpose
Speaking of the stealership, when I had my ecu reprogramed. I left a note with the replacement ecu. Told them to leave the old ecu and the old ecu bracket in the bag I provided . I just told them to use the bracket I got with the used ecu since I already had some philips bolts I wanted them to use . They tried to steal my ecu bracket, I had to tell the service advisor that the bracket was missing. He came back and apologized said the mechanic forgot it in his work area. Yeah right.

But you are definitely right about the software reporting lower voltages . Today vcds was detecting 12.3 v . IE software said 1 1.8v

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
how long does the IE flash take? my Cobb AP hardly does a thing to the battery when i flash.
Maybe about 15min, the fans on full speed drain the battery like crazy . Im getting a faster charger for whenever I re attempt the stage 2 flash.

Last edited: