GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
dont forget to lube your triple tube

smanierre

Autocross Champion
My tires came in yesterday so I got them mounted and balanced today. Put em on the car right when I got back and put it back on the ground. Gonna loosely attach the front clip and then see if I can find someone local who has scales I could borrow to get corner weights on it for the suspension. Once I do that it's back up on jack stands so I can really tear it apart. I gotta take out the studs and go back to regular bolts to fit the center caps on the wheels so they'll look a bit better once it's all squared away.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My tires came in yesterday so I got them mounted and balanced today. Put em on the car right when I got back and put it back on the ground. Gonna loosely attach the front clip and then see if I can find someone local who has scales I could borrow to get corner weights on it for the suspension. Once I do that it's back up on jack stands so I can really tear it apart. I gotta take out the studs and go back to regular bolts to fit the center caps on the wheels so they'll look a bit better once it's all squared away.

Rotiform SIX?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Rotiform SIX?
Yup. Same specs as my old wheels, I just like these better looks wise. Also they clear my brakes with no spacer which is nice

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I decided to do a test fit of the TyrolSport Master Cylinder brace to see how it was going to look on the car. When attempting to install though, the two holes that the battery tray retaining screws go through aren't lining up. They are about 1/16th of an inch too close together. I can get one of them in fine, but the other one is just slightly too close and the screw won't thread into the hole. Here's a shitty pic that shows how far off it is. I can probably just drill it out, but it's a bit annoying to have to do that on something so expensive for how complicated it is.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Someone literally just had that problem. I think Tyrol fixed it but I'll let them respond

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Someone literally just had that problem
Yeah it's very odd, I even reached out to their support again to see if others had similar issues . It seem to be the only one lol. I know they redesigned the brace , but with the brace I got the mounting holes don't line up. I even tried a different different mk6 battery trays. It's definitely frustrating , but I think it will be worth it in the end
Found it. Definitely not a one off issue it seems. I'll just drill out the hole to be a bit larger when I go to install. Still need to get a 25.4mm master cylinder though so I won't be doing the real install for a while it seems.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
  1. Completed my 4motion retrofit (see below video for testing and calibrating)
  2. First start on the 5cylinder turbo.
  3. Tested ECU for any faults, all clear!
  4. Packaged up ECU and shipped to United Motorsport for a bench flash.
Wow. Nice work! I wish I can do the same to my GTI.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m taking advantage of the nice weather and chill vibe today to clean my CAI and MAF. It appears that my car has been sucking the neighbors ducks, so that’s awkward…
8159156B-BD46-4C19-9566-12270D4C5E68.jpeg

Last edited:

jedred1

jedred1
Although the weather has been great I switched summer tires to winter today. I also changed out my O2 sensor out.