GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Wiped down paint and wheels with some Optimum Quick Detailer & Gloss Enhancer and cleaned the windows.

Something I’ve learned about bronze wheels is that they look like diarrhea when they’re dirty, but amazing when clean and waxed. Also the gloss enhancer in between washings make them look properly good.

jedred1

jedred1

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Apparently we just turn our cars in after 130k?

jedred1

jedred1
I got 4 NGK PFR7S8EG (1675) sparkplugs for my upcoming 100,000mi maintenance efforts. Will gap to 0.028" for my APR stage 2 GTI

jedred1

jedred1
I put in these plugs today. Torqued to 22ft. lb. and gaped to 0.032". I did use a smear of that copper paste. The tips of my old plugs where dry and had like gray fuzz on them. I noticed that plugs #2 & #3 had oil above the thread line. Not on the threads themselves. Hopefully not an issue. This would have been a 15min job but was about 30 due to talkative neighbors

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced the pin in the rear driver door regulator.... Fell out barely a week after the passenger side. Only took an hour thankfully as I already had the rivets and pins on hand. Added some sound deadening just like before.

Anyone else had both of these window pins back out one after another?

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my rear calipers back on after cleaning them up and putting the crossover tubes back on since they were leaking a bit before. No issues putting them back on at all and while they arent super clean, they are a bit cleaner than they were before. I also replaced my brake master cylinder with one of the ones I got from a 2012 TT (allegedly a TTS or RS). It has 23 stamped on the bottom vs 22 that the stock one had, and it looks slightly bigger than the oem one. Whether its a 25.4mm like I wanted idk, but it looks bigger. I'll see how the pedal feels. Only modifications needed for it to fit was drilling out the reservoir hole a bit and swapping out the rubber seals from the old one to the new one.

OEM cylinder:

New Cylinder:

Size comparisons(OEM on bottom, new on top):

New one installed:

Rear brakes:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
A little not as good progress today. Went to bleed the brakes so that way the lines weren't sitting empty. First attempt and fluid started leaking out of the clutch line, so I hooked it up to the bleeder block and then hooked up the TOB. I pressurized the system again with the power bleeder and the connection for the front brake line started started leaking out of the threads on the master cylinder. I had to unscrew it and clean out some gunk that had gotten in there and prevented a good seal, while fluid was pouring out, and to make things worse fluid splashed into my eye so I had to run inside half blind to rinse it while brake fluid got all over the garage floor. Probably lost a good 500ml or so, but i'm not too concerned since the stuff i'm using isnt too expensive, and I got more coming in this week. I was able to get the front left caliper done but didn't want to risk running out of fluid and getting air back in the system. Once the new fluid comes in i'll get them all bled, and may try to use the vagcom to actuate the ABS pump as well to get any air out of there. The machine shop is going to let me know monday when I can drop off the block for work, and i'll hopefully be sending out my clutch and suspension in the next two weeks to get those redone. I'm sick of waiting for this to be done so i'm just gonna blow a bunch of money at once to get it done with.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm due for a fuel filter and am having a shop do that for me while it's in there for a brake fluid flush since it's been about 3 years now.

Also getting the exhaust sorted out, while they have it on the lift.

I got rear ended slightly the other day so I'm going to be getting a new bumper since this one has a nice big crack.
20220429_184004.jpg

This is pure speculation but if I was at stock ride height this would have been so much worse.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got my brake fluid in today, man I love being right next to FCP. Bled the remaining calipers with the power bleeder, and then again with the pedal being pushed down as well. Still need to actuate the ABS pump at some point but for the time being it should be pretty good.

torga

Autocross Champion
After a year and a half, my New South boost gauge is developing a buzz. I've got their no buzz pill installed, as well as a small in-line fuel filter. I'll have to find some time to re-evaluate the positioning of these relative to the gauge itself.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
After a year and a half, my New South boost gauge is developing a buzz. I've got their no buzz pill installed, as well as a small in-line fuel filter. I'll have to find some time to re-evaluate the positioning of these relative to the gauge itself.
what line size do you have? how are you connected to the manifold? I didnt use the buzz pill and havent had any issues. Used the 034 manifold spacer/tap