GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Looking for some input on diagnosing an issue I’m having with my 2011 GTI. Currently it’s running a little rough on cold starts. Once it’s up to temp and I’ve driven a bit it feels and sounds fine. Doing some internet searches comes up with carbon build up but I had that done about 25,000 miles ago (2 years). Could it be that so soon? I have 2 codes but I’m not sure if it’s related. Intake Air System Leak (P2279) and System Too Lean At Idle, Bank 1 (P2187). I also have a small oil leak that I need to try and track down.
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. Probably not related to your oil leak.

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak. Probably not related to your oil leak.
I’ve been trying to track down the vacuum leak too. I can’t seem to find it. I don’t think it’s the PCV cause I did the oil cap test and when I take the oil cap off it starts want to stall out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I’ve been trying to track down the vacuum leak too. I can’t seem to find it. I don’t think it’s the PCV cause I did the oil cap test and when I take the oil cap off it starts want to stall out. 🤷🏻‍♂️
oil leak could be a lot of things. Start low and work up to find it..

Where have you been looking for vac leak?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Oil pan replaced last week. Damn New England and your salty Winter roads. Wasn't leaking or anything, but looked pretty corroded, so replaced for peace of mind.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Oil pan replaced last week. Damn New England and your salty Winter roads. Wasn't leaking or anything, but looked pretty corroded, so replaced for peace of mind.
Yeah I had a rusty pan a few years back that was just starting to weep some oil so got it replaced

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Damn. Didn’t think a plastic oil pan would be useful but apparently to you NE folks it would be.

Cwmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Put stock wheels back on for winter. Next up is Redline MTL to replace the 107k mile factory fill.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Assembling my front clip and reinstalling the engine harness. In the process, I'm making a few discoveries.
I present... The worst airflow in the whole world:
PXL_20221118_151738873.MP.jpg

PXL_20221118_151741806.MP.jpg

A lot of it is fucked in the third dimension, too:
PXL_20221118_152235275.MP.jpg

Note the right side of that pic and how deep some of the fins have been pushed in; in two different spots it's been pushed in 5/8".

Last edited:

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Assembling my front clip and reinstalling the engine harness. In the process, I'm making a few discoveries.
I present... The worst airflow in the whole world:

A lot of it is fucked in the third dimension, too:

Note the right side of that pic and how deep some of the fins have been pushed in; in two different spots it's been pushed in 5/8".
I've been meaning to get a radiator comb and straighten mine out for a while now. That's the down side to having such an open grill area.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Reassembled my front clip sans AC condenser and installed it, along with the front bumper, lower and upper headlight brackets, and my new Supernova headlights ❤️

PXL_20221118_193207936.MP.jpg

I'd be worried about my intercooler taking debris directly, but I have a spare and I might upgrade anyway when I replace the condenser.

Every time I see my passenger side I get sad. Poor car has been sitting for so long.

PXL_20221118_193151794.MP.jpg