GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Added a couple of gallons of E85 and then filled the rest of my tank with crappy California 91 octane. I'm running MAPerformance stage 2 tune and the car feels more responsive now! :D

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I realize it’s just a test fit, but you’ll want the bleeders up on the actual installation
Thanks Jake! I had found the left and right markings on the caliper and tested accordingly, but I'll have to install them on the opposite side than what's stamped on the caliper.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Diagnosed the check engine lights I've been getting. The J spacer on my downpipe was pointed slightly below level and the O2 sensor was drowning in condensation. Turned the spacer up and hopefully the sensor isn't totaled.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks Jake! I had found the left and right markings on the caliper and tested accordingly, but I'll have to install them on the opposite side than what's stamped on the caliper.

Only thing to check there is piston size. If all four are the same that’s fine, but if two are smaller you’ll want the small pair leading, which may require flipping the crossover tubes and bleeders.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Did my first clutch install as well as Baun V2 DP and midpipe while I was in there. Also did 034 upper dogbone insert and will be doing BFI stage 1 eng/trans mounts soon. I now have a chirping noise around the subframe area and not sure what it is exactly.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 108

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Did my first clutch install as well as Baun V2 DP and midpipe while I was in there. Also did 034 upper dogbone insert and will be doing BFI stage 1 eng/trans mounts soon. I now have a chirping noise around the subframe area and not sure what it is exactly.

How did it go? Did you end up needing to make a tool for the right axle cup?

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
How did it go? Did you end up needing to make a tool for the right axle cup?

I bought that tool that you posted haha. That was big save. Overall it went without any major problems. Took our time and had some extremely tough to reach bolts for the DP and dealing with the LSD was pretty annoying.
With only 1 ft of space underneath the car and no transmission jack I had to use 2 ratchet straps looped around support bar to help hoist the transmission up enough to get under and help push/guide it into place.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Only thing to check there is piston size. If all four are the same that’s fine, but if two are smaller you’ll want the small pair leading, which may require flipping the crossover tubes and bleeders.
Fortunately all four are the same. I may still swap the tubes to keep the L on left and R on right. OCD like that.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I bought that tool that you posted haha. That was big save. Overall it went without any major problems. Took our time and had some extremely tough to reach bolts for the DP and dealing with the LSD was pretty annoying.
With only 1 ft of space underneath the car and no transmission jack I had to use 2 ratchet straps looped around support bar to help hoist the transmission up enough to get under and help push/guide it into place.

Nice! I'm not looking forward to doing it but hopefully it won't be too bad.

I can't tell from your picture, but did you end up removing the subframe, or just unbolting the VAQ and dropping the transmission out alone?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Had to replace a single front rotor last night. I got a bad one in the Centric axle pack I ordered which caused a high speed shimmy in my car where no shimmy was present before the installation. After uninstalling, reinstalling, and re-checking it, the problem continued.

Fortunately when I wrote about the problem to CarID.com, where I ordered from, they dispatched a special order for a single replacement rotor matching the one in the axle pack free of charge and with no questions asked. It was painless and I'd do business with them again.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Oil change today after two track days, used Castrol Pro OE 5w 40.

Couple pics from last weekend at Auto Club Speedway. Need more brake torque, the EBC yellow all around don’t have enough bite.

My handle was changed from @Autobahn to my MKV forum handle with the forum migration, need to get that fixed:

View attachment 159898

View attachment 159899
Off topic but I think I've sen you drive past Golden West College a few times.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Not "today" but this weekend I installed a new intake to get some more noise out of the car.
Also lowered my rear a about half an inch so that it sits a little more level with my front.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Nice! I'm not looking forward to doing it but hopefully it won't be too bad.

I can't tell from your picture, but did you end up removing the subframe, or just unbolting the VAQ and dropping the transmission out alone?

Unbolted the LSD and tucked/bungeed it to the right. Honestly it caused a lot of annoyances getting caught up when trying to loosen flywheel bolts. I'd maybe recommend the flywheel holder too.

anotherwhitemk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Good work! Do you know by chance if any of the front mount or twin front intercooler fit the GLI? I want that Ebay twin front but no one seems to know if the GTI one will fit the GLI
Thanks! I had a Forge Twintercooler, but that did not fit on the GLI, the crashbar isn’t the same as the GTI. The only “front-mount” I’ve seen that’s made for the MK7 GLI is the JD Eurosports FMIC, which still requires trimming of the crashbar.