GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
He'll need some snow, not much to come by there in NC....

Nope, but that red clay and rain.....oxyclean and bleach have nothing on that combo

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
He'll need some snow, not much to come by there in NC....
never thought about that, I know there was a really bad snow storm in NC, we have a sister office there and there is a picture that floats around reddit anytime there is talk of snow, ill try to find it, its pretty fun since the reaction to snow isn't so good. Sad that there was car accidents tho
Everything is real in the picture minus the filter and snowman
https://i.redd.it/76zyrd2qow921.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Awwwwwww yeeeeeeah

20200316_180256.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Got my BCM replaced with a highline. Finally I can finish heated seats retrofit, just in time for LA summer. Dealer didn't reprogram the key fobs, I can't lock the car. Service people were gone when I picked it up though so I brought it home anyway. Going to re-do all my coding changes; chirp alarm, Mk7.5 LED tails, steering something, starting vibration reduction, what else? haha... highline gateway is next.

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Had some time to put in an IE downpipe today. I bought it used and the seller didn’t have the right adapter so I ordered one but it turned out to be too long. Started getting late and cold so I called it a day with everything else buttoned up.

Right now the pipe connecting the downpipe to the catback is off the car until I get the proper adapter or bring it to a shop to be finished. I had to move the car but into its parking spot and the car is comically loud right now.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Had some time to put in an IE downpipe today. I bought it used and the seller didn’t have the right adapter so I ordered one but it turned out to be too long. Started getting late and cold so I called it a day with everything else buttoned up.

Right now the pipe connecting the downpipe to the catback is off the car until I get the proper adapter or bring it to a shop to be finished. I had to move the car but into its parking spot and the car is comically loud right now.

Your neighbors will love you in the morning when you fire it up. ?

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Your neighbors will love you in the morning when you fire it up. ?

Ya thankfully I’m working from home all week so I’ll get it sorted out but I felt bad firing it up earlier today.

I went with IE because I heard they are supposed to be on the quieter side of downpipes.

On top of the noise, the exhaust is essentially exiting right under the shifter so everything in the car was vibrating like crazy.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ya thankfully I’m working from home all week so I’ll get it sorted out but I felt bad firing it up earlier today.

I went with IE because I heard they are supposed to be on the quieter side of downpipes.

On top of the noise, the exhaust is essentially exiting right under the shifter so everything in the car was vibrating like crazy.

This would be your best solution

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-res-midpipe-3-to-2-5-and-mk7-5-parts.372407/
The seller has his Baun Performance OEM Fitment Resonated Midpipe priced very responsibly and that'll keep your new downpipe quiter than just the stock CBE, much deeper and sportier tone, plus it remains 3” to seamlessly connect to your IE downpipe (reducer built in where it attaches to the catback).

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
This would be your best solution

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-res-midpipe-3-to-2-5-and-mk7-5-parts.372407/
The seller has his Baun Performance OEM Fitment Resonated Midpipe priced very responsibly and that'll keep your new downpipe quiter than just the stock CBE, much deeper and sportier tone, plus it remains 3” to seamlessly connect to your IE downpipe (reducer built in where it attaches to the catback).

Thanks Jake. I was actually considering it and still might but I want to hear the car With the stock resonator first. I was hoping for a little more volume. A shop by me is helping out with the adapter and bumping it up to the correct size to slip over the OEM cat back.

If it’s still too loud I will definitely be contacting that seller though and appreciate the heads up.