GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
1. Changed plugs from stock to Brisk ER12S. Immediately smoothed out the idle (not that it was rough, but made it even smoother).
2. Removed the Unitronic stage 2 ECU tune. Installed my newly acquired AC and flashed EQT stage 2. Ran into an error during the flash: Unable to verify flash block in ECU. Sent the AC into recovery model. It recovered fine. Went to check the tune intalled: EQT stage 2. What gives?

Will test it out when I go to get takeout sushi tonight. What I can tell right away is that the exhaust sounds burblier in idle.
how long did the flash take before you received the error? it may be fine, but I would reflash it.

Also, as I learned after switching from Uni to EQT, Ed recommends unplugging the rear O2 sensor. Do it before you reflash
https://www.facebook.com/groups/EQTVAG/permalink/464619267706324/

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
how long did the flash take before you received the error? it may be fine, but I would reflash it.

Also, as I learned after switching from Uni to EQT, Ed recommends unplugging the rear O2 sensor. Do it before you reflash
https://www.facebook.com/groups/EQTVAG/permalink/464619267706324/

At about 25%.
Car runs fine. Boost peaks at 26, but I'm at elevation. Got the burbles. I think when it went into the so called recovery mode, it actually properly flashed. Recovery mode took as long as a proper flash.

Never heard about the O2 sensor recommendation. What's the reason and where is it located?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Finished installing rev9 catback, started last night but we started having multiple beers lol. Installed hatch pop kit now

Attachments

• FAB52845-CF52-42C9-874E-3C682CBD2C6A.jpeg
    FAB52845-CF52-42C9-874E-3C682CBD2C6A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
So what did you find the reason why to disconnect the rear 02 sensor when the car isn't running while you flash it?
apparently it is a Cobb specific issue

From Ed:
PSA:

I wanted to make folks aware of a small issue and general recommendation I make for all stage 2 and higher cars I tune via Cobb. With catless, high flow catted, and O2 spacer downpipes, the ECU will slowly add extra fuel at heavy load and will end up running fairly rich over time. This is a function of the rear O2 sensor being used to determine cat efficiency. Since the factory cats are not in place, it gets confused and continues to add fuel.

I have made Cobb aware of the issue and hopefully we will have a software solution eventually. But in the meantime, I recommend that people unplug the rear O2 sensor and leave it unplugged. The easiest place to do it is under the hood at the firewall. You will find two connectors here... disconnect the black one only. After doing this, I also recommend reflashing your latest map to reset any learning the ecu has done. Once this is done, your air/fuel ratios will remain consistent.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Well today the 1.8 in my Golf finally checked out. Went to NGP to have it dyno'd to solve the stumble. It threw several misfires on cylinder 4, then on liftoff a plume of oil came out the back. Cylinder 4 only has 55psi. 81,692 miles, she had a good life. Unfortunately that means I lost the 100,000 mile bet with my dad haha.

Sorry bro, this was a badass golf, hopefully you get things situated

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Sound clips or you have to give a beer to everyone in this thread. I don't make up the rules. But rules are rules!
View attachment 169860
I just woke up again, I was up 9-12, I really really really needed that nap. Sleep has been so f'd up due to work from home ect beers. I'll have the sound clips in like 1 hr, also never made a youtube video, any help with getting the clips into a free easy to use movie maker will help :)