GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quick example: I take the same corner off the highway everyday; it’s a pretty sharp one and I usually round it at about 35 ever since I got new tires.
Let off the throttle a bit more abruptly and see if it wants to rotate. Unless the stability control is preventing that.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Let off the throttle a bit more abruptly and see if it wants to rotate. Unless the stability control is preventing that.
I’ll try to feather less and just make a quick de-throttle. Could just be I’m still driving like I’m expecting a lot of understeer.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I’ll try to feather less and just make a quick de-throttle. Could just be I’m still driving like I’m expecting a lot of understeer.

what is just so weird to me is that I feel the difference in overall Chassis stiffnessat literally every speed. I feel it when taking a sharp right turn below 10 mph in a parking lot. I feel it on every highway exit. I feel it every single time I change lanes in the highway. It’s so palpable I can’t imagine you needing to put in this much effort to “feel” the difference.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
what is just so weird to me is that I feel the difference in overall Chassis stiffnessat literally every speed. I feel it when taking a sharp right turn below 10 mph in a parking lot. I feel it on every highway exit. I feel it every single time I change lanes in the highway. It’s so palpable I can’t imagine you needing to put in this much effort to “feel” the difference.
Based on what others are saying it’s possibly because the car is pretty stiff already. I was expecting it to be noticed on daily driving as well. I guess that’s a misnomer.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI

You have a bigger car with softer springs and your stock swaybar was smaller. Cant really compare the changes....

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Did you ever corner fast enough that the car wouldn't turn in and just plowed outside? I did when I first got mine to compare it to my last car and was surprised at the amount of understeer. With the Neuspeed 24 mm RSB I can corner much faster without the understeer to the point that I'm concerned with oversteer.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm preparing the car for an upcoming coast-to-coast (and back) road trip. The total drive will be just over 7000 miles. After experiencing spotty 4G reception on my New England trip last year (https://wp.me/p7YnQB-1i9), I decided to buy a WeBoost cellular booster for this trip since we'll be in even larger stretches of spotty 4G coverage. I mounted mine to the cargo rack in a fashion that's similar to how my VHF/UHF ham radio antenna is mounted:

The trip may be worthy of its own thread. I haven't done one of those since my TDI days before I discovered this group.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
I'm preparing the car for an upcoming coast-to-coast (and back) road trip. The total drive will be just over 7000 miles. After experiencing spotty 4G reception on my New England trip last year (https://wp.me/p7YnQB-1i9), I decided to buy a WeBoost cellular booster for this trip since we'll be in even larger stretches of spotty 4G coverage. I mounted mine to the cargo rack in a fashion that's similar to how my VHF/UHF ham radio antenna is mounted:

The trip may be worthy of its own thread. I haven't done one of those since my TDI days before I discovered this group.
Absolutely start a thread! Would love to follow along. Also didn't realize cellular boosters were a thing. Let us know how it works.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
That weboost will be clutch in the middle of nowhere - We brought one out to my Aunt's ranch in Montana that has 0 cell service and were able to get full 4G non lte data with the booster.

We kept it packed away for most of the trip though, as the goal was to be in 0 cell service.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Did you ever corner fast enough that the car wouldn't turn in and just plowed outside? I did when I first got mine to compare it to my last car and was surprised at the amount of understeer. With the Neuspeed 24 mm RSB I can corner much faster without the understeer to the point that I'm concerned with oversteer.
Oh yes, haha. It’s a plow.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Oh yes, haha. It’s a plow.
Don’t feel alone.... I did the rear bar alone early on and wasn’t blown away like everyone rants and raves. But I also had top tier tires and stiffer springs already with the car being lower and having a tiny bit more -camber all around.

as others have said you really only get to feel it when the car is pushed harder, and 100% feel it if you let off throttle mid turn, lol.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Don’t feel alone.... I did the rear bar alone early on and wasn’t blown away like everyone rants and raves. But I also had top tier tires and stiffer springs already with the car being lower and having a tiny bit more -camber all around.

as others have said you really only get to feel it when the car is pushed harder, and 100% feel it if you let off throttle mid turn, lol.
I definitely don’t feel on throttle. Just moments ago I gunned into a curve harder than usual and dropped the gas earlier than usual and it rotated in nicely to where I could get back on the throttle. Just requires making new muscle memories it seems.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Definitely it's own thread....I've been wanting to do this along route 66....trying to talk the wife into it. I think it would be epic! Take a look at the sticky thread where members are located should you need any assistance!

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/member-list-by-state-thread.364900/

Agray

Go Kart Champion

Absolutely start a thread. What an epic road trip....