GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
it should feel like 20% more push now, break in sucks, I really didn't like mine. Also upgrade to motul gear 300 fluid will help the clutch chatter.

Yeah. It loosened up a lot, or I got used to it. It feels great and shifts are so much smoother. Don't know why but maybe just better feel for engagement. No chatter that I can hear now. So all's good.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Don’t you have a 1.8 Golf? Or is that Mud?
Hell of a sleeper. I believe he’s got a wavetrac in that sneaky son of a bitch too.

Yep. 1.8. And doing a flex tune soon. Don't really want more power (but it doesn't hurt), just want quicker spool.
Really hurts on autocross when the R's, gti's, Fiestas can stay in 2nd all the way around and I have to shift into 1st because of the long gearing. Hoping quicker spool could alleviate that at least in some corners.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Hell of a sleeper. I believe he’s got a wavetrac in that sneaky son of a bitch too.

Yep. 1.8. And doing a flex tune soon. Don't really want more power (but it doesn't hurt), just want quicker spool.
Really hurts on autocross when the R's, gti's, Fiestas can stay in 2nd all the way around and I have to shift into 1st because of the long gearing. Hoping quicker spool could alleviate that at least in some corners.

Wow, love it man. I’m excited to throw a wavetrac + IS20/38 on my Alltrack. Once I’m at 72K miles and it’s paid off and I’m bored, I want to put a manual MK7 R trans in for the shorter, narrower gear box. I figure if I spend 50K total including mods over the lifetime of the car, and I can get 200K out of it, it’s like 2 stock 25K cars to 100K each, only way more fun than a stock car :)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Some shakedown miles before a track day at Nelson Ledges. If all goes well then it's off to VIR next week. ~4500 miles on the junkyard 1.8 and everything feels great! I think it's finally ready to get back on track!

The only thing left to resolve is some very slight play/deflection in the shift tower itself. Hoping the DieselGeek "super pin" and bushing will get me the desired feel.

Keep an eye out for a blue miata with homemade aero and white lettering, some stickers than say downforceDan. He is a coworker of mine and runs Nelson Ledges all the time

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Spent the better part of today building a one off FMIC on a Mk6R. The owner has been a good friend since we were juniors in high school / A&P school plus we’ve worked together for the last nine years. Needless to say he’s helped me with plenty of projects throughout the years and I finally had the opportunity to return the favor.

The pictures are all out of order, but it was extremely tight and technical compared to a Mk7 and required a new horn bracket, and modifications to the OEM turbo outlet pipe.

He bought it new in 2012 so it’s about time lol