GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Ho-le-shit.

That's scary. Glad you were able to recognize it and fix before there was a serious issue.
Thanks. It must have been shock or something, cause it seemed like an eternity passed before it dawned on me that I should probably turn off the car before a fire starts lol.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
That is frightening, nice catch though. I once rented a diesel Mercedez Van on a work trip. Some of my co-workers had mentioned a slight fuel smell for a few days, which we ignored. One day the smell went from faint to excessive while we were idling at the work site, watched 1/8 of a tank disappear from the gauge before shutting it down. On the bright side, the thing had wild vibrations. With my arm sitting on the driver arm rest my fitibit registered over 20,000 steps a day. I was in great shape, haha.
I was looking at my gauge cluster to see if any CEL's or other indicators were on, but nothing of that sort showed up. On a positive note, I'm glad that I had my engine cover on cause it kept the fuel from spraying all over the engine bay.

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Added some door sill guards, p3 gauge, ebay paddle shifters and Audi A4 premium rear head rest which comes with white stitching.
20210108_160342.jpg
20210108_141524.jpg
IMG_20210108_192853_825.jpg
IMG_20210108_192853_824.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was distracted today chatting to the wife while filling up and accidently put 87 in the car. I have a NPM that is set for 91 so mad at myself for doing it. Am sure it will be fine but I will be taking it easy for the next 1/2 tank until I can get some 93 in it to get closer to the required octane.

My butt-dyno may not as... sensitively calibrated... as many of you guys but I def. can feel my GTI being sluggish. Possibly just feels like stock now.
Get a can of Torco octane booster so you don't have to wait until you refill the tank again to have fun.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Get a can of Torco octane booster so you don't have to wait until you refill the tank again to have fun.
That is the first I have heard of that stuff and am slightly skeptical of it actually doing what it claims but thank you for the suggestion. I have not been driving much of late / last 9 months but thankfully I have some longer highway trips coming up so it is no big deal.
Cheers!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That is the first I have heard of that stuff and am slightly skeptical of it actually doing what it claims but thank you for the suggestion. I have not been driving much of late / last 9 months but thankfully I have some longer highway trips coming up so it is no big deal.
Cheers!
I've been using it daily for 35,000 miles. Works great.