GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I saw one at the rally x. She looked like a mean ass battle wagon

cant wait to see yours finished! I really want one myself.

you’ll see it in person man! When my gf and I get vaccinated we’re going to CO for a 2-week trip. I’ll meet up with you one day, maybe we can hit pike’s peak Or something. You live in the springs right?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
you’ll see it in person man! When my gf and I get vaccinated we’re going to CO for a 2-week trip. I’ll meet up with you one day, maybe we can hit pike’s peak Or something. You live in the springs right?
No I’m in Aurora. About 10-15 minutes from Denver. Drinking a beer is enough for me if we can’t make PP LOL

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yup. That’s the whole reason I got it man. I paid 25.5K for my car and by time I’m done, I’ll have spent about 40K all-in for my own, custom-built “R-Track” wagon that outperforms a 40K-new Golf R hatch. For an R owner to exceed the performance my car will have, would require an additional 5-10K of investment to get it where my car is. So ultimately I’m spending less for more car than Golf R buyers, it just takes a lot more effort. But that’s part of the whole journey.

Current build:
RSB, Stage 1, wheels/tires, paint protection and tint, and some grey mudflaps that go really well with the aluminum cladding, and Helix sub.

Near-future upgrades:
OEM VW Underseal, Golf R springs, B6’s, and OEM strut mounts with Eurosport camber inserts, APR open intake

distant future upgrades:
Golf R DP, IS20 w/ EQT custom tune (with AWD, I prefer the low/mid-range punch of the IS20 over the top end of the IS38. I have no use for power above 5.5/6K RPMs, that’s “lose your license” territory), TTRS clutch, wavetrac, APR intercooler. Probably all the turbo intake/exhaust mods too.

cosmetic upgrades:
1. Possible 7.5 GTI GFG bumper, for the LED strakes. I like the 7.5 GTI bumper more than any other OEM 7.5 golf bumper, thoughhhh I do like the Alltrack’s plenty and switching to GTI would definitely require some work to retain the overall balance of the rest of the Alltrack’s aluminum and black plastic cladding. This is a big “maybe.” I probably won’t do it, it depends on how bored I get and how long I own the car lol.
2. Golf R steering wheel with beefed up leather, and hopefully a 2015-2017 analog Golf R gauge cluster
3. SEL Marrakesh seats.

regardless, as it currently sits I’d take my GFG Alltrack w/ grey mudflaps and flush bronze wheels over any VW, in sheer looks. I can’t wait to get some pics up lol it’s absolutely killer.

What's an underseal?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Maybe lol. I’ve never done an underseal before, but I want this bad boy to last me a long time. I want this car till I’m 40, and I’m 27. And I want it to look and run great the whole time.
If it’s what I’m thinking. It’s worth it. And can last about 5 years at least. I saw a bugeye wrx a while back. 180k miles. But under the car, shit was pristine. But goopy. LOL