GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Right - but you need to be careful because many of the chemicals that will remove the ceramic will also harm the clearcoat.
I’ve only removed 6 coatings using my method. No issues yet. Gotta use a prewash with a lot of surfactants and is slightly alkaline. And for poly cracking, just gotta amp up humidity using thick wet warm beach towels all over the car.

no issues. Knock on wood

one thing people don’t realize about coatings. You’re permanently changing the surface of your paint work. At least till it wears off. Lots of consequences there if one isn’t willing to maintain that coating properly.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I’ve only removed 6 coatings using my method. No issues yet. Gotta use a prewash with a lot of surfactants and is slightly alkaline. And for poly cracking, just gotta amp up humidity using thick wet warm beach towels all over the car.

no issues. Knock on wood

one thing people don’t realize about coatings. You’re permanently changing the surface of your paint work. At least till it wears off. Lots of consequences there if one isn’t willing to maintain that coating properly.
Feel like coming to south Florida and detailing mine? I had a friend that was local but he moved to the other coast to start his own shop.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
MIatas and Corvettes, outside of those two, it seems no one used it. My kid may have been three months early, but he's got all of his fingers and toes. I wear gloves now...
Srt4 guys too. We loved it. Instead of saying “I just waxed my car” we’d say “I just got her zaino’d”

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I just checked, they're still around, and appropriately, the main page has images for a C5.
The height of their popularity for sure. Too bad they never kept pushing the envelope. Their products were ahead of anything else at the time. The way you’d treat the water before washing was genius. No one was doing that.