GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk8 today.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Had my alignment done today. Factory setup had a ton of rear toe-in and one side was so far in it was out of spec. Rear camber was -1.7 and -2.1, which is kinda wild too. Front toe was in but not too bad, but it was not even side to side at all. So I had them set toe all around to 0 and the rear camber to -1.5. Autocross should feel a lot livelier next time 🤘

TL;DR: Check your factory alignment because the factory sure as sh*t didn’t.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That'll be interesting. I ran GS in 2 different mk7.5's. The zero toe out back is perfect, but in m7.5, anything less than -1.8 the rear was unmanageable. The mk8 had a longer wheel base and you have stock RSB, so they might be right on the nose.

Front, I'd add just a touch of toe out. Like .10. Zero make the car wonder on the street. A touch of in or out settles that down. 0 is fine for track. Again, that was mk7.5, so might be ok with mk8.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
That'll be interesting. I ran GS in 2 different mk7.5's. The zero toe out back is perfect, but in m7.5, anything less than -1.8 the rear was unmanageable. The mk8 had a longer wheel base and you have stock RSB, so they might be right on the nose.

Front, I'd add just a touch of toe out. Like .10. Zero make the car wonder on the street. A touch of in or out settles that down. 0 is fine for track. Again, that was mk7.5, so might be ok with mk8.
I’m starting with what I ran on my mk7. Felt good. Will tweak from here.