GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Just don't let it sit in your office for the next 8 months.
I had some stuff I ordered in 2021.. I been buying parts and working. Not much installing. Pulled the vortex xl outta the box a year after ordering it .. decided I didn't want to run it sold it and changed directions.. sat on 5k in parts for almost 2 years. Just buying shit. And working. Lol. Packages come in. I go to work. (Overtime) covid was tough on the prison. And California opened the checkbook. I took full advantage. Now things are better. And it's time to install and blow up the engine. Lol see tpc770 post.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
This thing sucks.
Is that the equivalent of “this guy fucks” but for a vacuum?

1680804552627.gif

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
... up all the water and dirt from your seats?
Unfortunately no. You're supposed to spray some Oxy solution from the wand, then use a scrubber to scrub and then it sucks away that solution from the scrub. The sonax interior cleaner with a brush and wet cloth does a better job and it is easier.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Hopefully should be cleaning my interior this week. I'll update if i have better results with the bissel.

What kind of seats do you have and what condition are they in? If they are cloth and lightly soiled use a good interior cleaner, like Daks suggestion of Sonax. I use Optimum Carpet and Interior cleaner. That you can dilute up to 3:1 for light to medium soil. I had a few cars that I had to resort to APC full strength, mostly soccer mom's minivans.

The only time I use an extractor is when the fabric is soiled through, like liquid stains. I still pretreat the seat with the interior cleaner and a brush, then using as hot water as I can get, I use the extractor to do a one pass spraying and vacuuming the water as I go. I don't use the brush on the extractor, too stiff for car seats.

For vinyl and leather, this brush is the best.

If you have a rotary polisher (Harbor Freights cheap one will work great) a wool pad on it works wonders on interiors. Just make sure you run it on high against a spur or something to get rid of all the lose fabric on it.